GPS175/375 question

TBalch

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TBalch
Flying the missed approach and entering the HILPT on the RNAV RWY 30 approach at KFCH : The navigator makes the turn after the miss appropriately and leads me to FRAME, but crossing FRAME, it wants to make a left turn, rather than a slight right turn to enter the HILPT. I’m probably not pushing the right buttons in the right order, and I’m looking for some instruction. Thanks.

I tried loading this approach on the 375 "simulator app" for iPad (Garmin GPS Trainer)... after the MAP (DOTHI), it sends me to WEVIR on the missed and wants me to hold there. Not FRAME.

Now, I'm not familiar with the airport, don't have the plate in front of me, and am not working with an up-to-date database or nuthin'... is it possible you re-loaded the approach starting from FRAME?

I tried loading this approach on the 375 "simulator app" for iPad (Garmin GPS Trainer)... after the MAP (DOTHI), it sends me to WEVIR on the missed and wants me to hold there. Not FRAME.

Now, I'm not familiar with the airport, don't have the plate in front of me, and am not working with an up-to-date database or nuthin'... is it possible you re-loaded the approach starting from FRAME?
The missed hold is at FRAME. The approach was amended toward the end of 2019.

@TBalch, the database in the trainer is not current. Kath is right, it shows WEVIR not DOTH as the MAPHF.

You asked, so here's the instruction:

When you load an approach, always preview it to compare the waypoint sequence with the approach chart. That should be SOP, a checklist item if you want. Even with a current database, errors occur.

Last edited:
When I'm flying mine, I've realized that most of the time when I'm tempted to touch the screen (during an approach) I'm usually about to screw something up...

When I'm flying mine, I've realized that most of the time when I'm tempted to touch the screen (during an approach) I'm usually about to screw something up...

Especially if there's any turb. Sweet Jaysus, that screen is sensitive!

Back