The Eclipse has a new home....

Abram

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Abram
After seven wonderful years with a pretty incredible airplane, at the end of 2020, my Eclipse found a new home. It was bittersweet to get many years of my stuff out of the airplane and get it ready for its new owner, but I know she will be a great airplane for the new owner.

543CA947-5DB1-46C2-BDB0-B27A015B1440.jpeg

I tried living without an airplane for a couple months as I sought out a suitable replacement and decided not having an airplane is not acceptable! So, without further ado, I would like to introduce you all to the new to me

1B4F6E31-F643-4D95-A1ED-1E7D54C2ED01.jpeg

Just arrived for a prebuy inspection.

9E767369-0F7D-4D53-9C7D-E2AF2F0217AE.jpeg

First night in her new home.

77E6D2D9-D690-44CC-BDD2-304533B06B42.jpeg

Checkride complete!

6A918BF3-5D2D-4CDE-8BA4-2F55FECDD6CF.jpeg

B64C4B22-B4D2-492F-8082-AD4082CEC1D2.jpeg

First mission in the books.

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Attachments

• 6a918bf3-5d2d-4cde-8ba4-2f55fecdd6cf-jpeg.94423.jpeg
    6a918bf3-5d2d-4cde-8ba4-2f55fecdd6cf-jpeg.94423.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
jeez. lemme know when you are looking to hire a pilot! congrats!

Way cool! Is this for your business or just a personal aircraft for you and the family?

You’ve always had nice taste in airplanes. Congrats on the new one.

Nice. I love to see aviation and business mixing so well!!

Congrats on the beautiful Embraer Phenom!

I see you are, or were at GED. Nice airport, friendly staff and a good lunch spot. Just a hop from our home base at Ocean City OXB.

I fly the Phenom 300. Never flown the 100. I didn’t think I was going to like it but it has grown on me and I really enjoy the airplane. First jet I’ve flown without an APU so I’m really missing that. Only part I hate about the airplane is how much you lose when. You lose GPS. I’ve lost GPS twice around NM when they were jamming. Thank goodness it was day VMC with airport in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the nice new airplane! My fiend Barry made the same transition a few years ago. The P100 is a great airplane although I wish they’d designed the cockpit to accommodate taller pilots.

I fly the Phenom 300. Never flown the 100. I didn’t think I was going to like it but it has grown on me and I really enjoy the airplane. First jet I’ve flown without an APU so I’m really missing that. Only part I hate about the airplane is how much you lose when. You lose GPS. I’ve lost GPS twice around NM when they were jamming. Thank goodness it was day VMC with airport in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fly a few 300s too and think it is an amazing airplane. I agree that APUs are incredibly helpful, but I only see those on the biggest airplanes I fly! If budget ever supports it, I will get a P300, as it is to me, the best and most versatile single pilot owner flown airplane out there!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Congrats on the nice new airplane! My fiend Barry made the same transition a few years ago. The P100 is a great airplane although I wish they’d designed the cockpit to accommodate taller pilots.

I know Barry well and consulted with him before I made the leap. He is a really great guy and very knowledgeable about all things airplane!

If you think the P100 is tough for tall pilots, you should try to squeeze into the front of an Eclipse!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

I know Barry well and consulted with him before I made the leap. He is a really great guy and very knowledgeable about all things airplane!

If you think the P100 is tough for tall pilots, you should try to squeeze into the front of an Eclipse!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Ah but you can cut out longer rails in the carpet and get the seats way further back in the Eclipse (I have a little time in Eclipses actually) which is not something you can do in the Phenom with the cabinet/console thing behind the pilot's seat.

I'm flying a C510 in large part because it is the roomiest cockpit of the VLJs even though I'd prefer the speed and cabin of the P100.

Echoing everyone above...beautiful plane! And congratulations!

This post is useless without panel pics...

Okay, not useless. Awesome aerocraft!

Ah but you can cut out longer rails in the carpet and get the seats way further back in the Eclipse (I have a little time in Eclipses actually) which is not something you can do in the Phenom with the cabinet/console thing behind the pilot's seat.

I'm flying a C510 in large part because it is the roomiest cockpit of the VLJs even though I'd prefer the speed and cabin of the P100.

Very true. I don’t worry about stuff like that at 5’8”! The Cessnas are great jets. How do you like it?

Abram Finkelstein,
N685AS

I see those airshare 100s and 300s all over the place. I like the phenoms, looks cooler than the single pilot citations.

Congratulations! Beautiful aircraft. You’re going to love it.

Very true. I don’t worry about stuff like that at 5’8”! The Cessnas are great jets. How do you like it?

Abram Finkelstein,
N685AS

It is great for our family - the SR22T was very cost effective but wasn’t cutting it with our two little kids (ages 1 and 3) and our long trips with family scattered across the country.

I wish it were a bit faster and had a bit more range but it definitely beats the airlines even on our frequent CA to FL trips and I can’t afford a plane that can nonstop that...

So basically- I like it a lot!

Last edited:
I could just sit and stare at that panel and be perfectly happy.

Sometimes I dream that when my plane grows up it will look like that ...

Very nice sir!

Congratulations! I really like the Phenoms, they’ve got a good plane for the single pilot jet market. I know you’ll enjoy it!

It is great for our family - the SR22T was very cost effective but wasn’t cutting it with our two little kids (ages 1 and 3) and our long trips with family scattered across the country.

I wish it were a bit faster and had a bit more range but it definitely beats the airlines even on our frequent CA to FL trips and I can’t afford a plane that can nonstop that...

So basically- I like it a lot!

I feel your pain! I still airline on most trips that would require more than one stop, but I believe that this plane may make it more appealing to do the cross country trips. I would love more airplane, but it isn’t in the budget!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

I feel your pain! I still airline...I would love more airplane, but it isn’t in the budget!

It's somehow comforting to us piston Piper and Cessna drivers that folks who own jets are grappling with the same fundamental aviation budget issue we are. :D

Great looking Phenom, and I lust for that panel!
Enjoy!

It's somehow comforting to us piston Piper and Cessna drivers that folks who own jets are grappling with the same fundamental aviation budget issue we are. :D

Great looking Phenom, and I lust for that panel!
Enjoy!

Thank you! We all struggle with the same thing. That is the Peter Principle as applied to Airplanes....

But it wasn’t long ago that I was as piston Piper and Cessna driver, too!

Abram Finkelstein

Back