Anyone in the Los Angeles area need eddy current inspection for Piper Wing Spar AD?

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
Looking for another plane or two in the L.A. area to organize the eddy current inspection for the Piper Wing Spar AD to save some money for all of us. If you know anyone, please message me here or email at flyingmonkeysocal@gmail.com. Thanks!

Eric

Reactions: Jdm
Just to share a success story: my buddy has a Cherokee-6-260 with a hard-working history of 16,570 flight hours. Much of that was flying part 135 cargo in various locations in the Northeast, Alaska, and other challenging places. With a significant amount of off field and soft-field work. Some of the records were lost to history, but my closest estimate was nearly 10k "factored service hours."

It passed the eddy current inspection with flying colors!

Now back to flying!

Thanks for this. I am still super nervous but this is encouraging. What model year was it?

I might be in for this if the cost is right. I just had my first annual since owning the plane. There are about 3,300 on the frame, 4,400 factored hours, but I also need an eddy current on my prop every 150 hours so I do need to establish a rapport with a shop.

I might be in for this if the cost is right. I just had my first annual since owning the plane. There are about 3,300 on the frame, 4,400 factored hours, but I also need an eddy current on my prop every 150 hours so I do need to establish a rapport with a shop.
sending you a PM

sending you a PM

Not in the LA Area, rather in Phoenix, AZ , but I have a PA28-161 that requires the inspection. I'm trying to find an inspector in AZ at the moment, but if that lead turns up empty, I would be interested based on cost. We're coming up on our April Annual, so we're definitely trying to save a little pocket change for any squawks

Back