IA renewal by IACRA

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Submitting an Inspection Authorization Renewal Application
  • Once you are registered, you can return to your console and start an Inspection Authorization Renewal application.
    • Note: If IACRA cannot locate a previous inspection authorization in your Airman record, you will not be able to start an application.
  • Once you submit and sign your application, it will automatically be routed to the FSDO listed in your application.
  • An ASI or AST at that FSDO will then retrieve your submitted application, complete the remainder of the process and sign your application.
  • Once signed, you may log into IACRA, navigate to your console and review/print your IA letter. You will also be notified via email when your IA letter is available.

Submitting an Inspection Authorization Renewal Application
  • Once you are registered, you can return to your console and start an Inspection Authorization Renewal application.
    • Note: If IACRA cannot locate a previous inspection authorization in your Airman record, you will not be able to start an application.
  • Once you submit and sign your application, it will automatically be routed to the FSDO listed in your application.
  • An ASI or AST at that FSDO will then retrieve your submitted application, complete the remainder of the process and sign your application.
  • Once signed, you may log into IACRA, navigate to your console and review/print your IA letter. You will also be notified via email when your IA letter is available.
if your renewing by using a course or a seminar did they say how to submit the certificate? where did you find this so i can look it up?
thanks

Well,, I have a log in, now what?

Nothing available yet.. thanks
if its your first IACRA registration, that could be the issue - might take a while.
They are manning the phones during the listed hours - I talked to them today (Sunday) so try tomorrow.

if its your first IACRA registration, that could be the issue - might take a while.
They are manning the phones during the listed hours - I talked to them today (Sunday) so try tomorrow.
Understand it is the month of March when they will start renewing?

I just did it. Seemed to go through fine the renewals are in March but I don't think it matters if you file the application a couple of weeks early. One thing - if you make your activity reports in Microsoft Word it won't take them. They need to be tiff, jpg or pdf. Ask me how I know... which is funny because the official activity report form from the FAA is a Word doc.

I just did it. Seemed to go through fine the renewals are in March but I don't think it matters if you file the application a couple of weeks early. One thing - if you make your activity reports in Microsoft Word it won't take them. They need to be tiff, jpg or pdf. Ask me how I know... which is funny because the official activity report form from the FAA is a Word doc.
I understood the activity reports are no longer used. Just file a renewal form.

Don't know anything about that Tom but then I haven't talked to anyone so maybe you're right. The renewal form has two options - either enter the certificate numbers for the approved seminars you attended or upload your activity reports. If they don't need them then I guess they can just ignore them, at least I didn't waste any paper.

Don't know anything about that Tom but then I haven't talked to anyone so maybe you're right. The renewal form has two options - either enter the certificate numbers for the approved seminars you attended or upload your activity reports. If they don't need them then I guess they can just ignore them, at least I didn't waste any paper.
It is all new to me too,, I will see what comes in the next screen.

The faa order does not require a activity report. Your activity is recorded on the application. Activity report requirements are local FSDO policy.

You probably got this email

IA Renewal During The COVID-19 Outbreak
Notice Number: NOTC1691

The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by the World Health Organization (WHO). The impact of this virus has caused multiple states and cities within the United States to take action by reducing or limiting public gatherings, which includes the closure of multiple aviation facilities in various locations. These closures have affected some IA activities for renewals and FAA offices that provide IA seminars and other renewal activities.

During the pandemic, the FAA published a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) -118, providing temporary relief to persons who have been unable to meet certain requirements during the national emergency concerning COVID-19. Please select the following link to refer to SFAR-118 [Docket No.: FAA-2020-0446]

Additionally, under the extraordinary circumstances of the COVID-19 outbreak, the FAA is extending the relief granted by SFAR 100-2 by an additional three calendar months for eligible persons who returned to the U.S. from deployment in October 2019 through March 2020. This relief will enable those persons to complete the requirements of paragraph 2. (c) within nine calendar months after returning to the United States. If a person returns from deployment after March 2020, that person must comply with SFAR-100-2. Please select the following link to refer to SFAR-100-2 [Docket No.: FAA-2020-22004]

In Response to COVID-19 pandemic, CDC recommendations, and Flight Standards office closures or reduced staffing, Flight Standards has provided the following options in support of the Inspection Authorization (IA) renewals for calendar year 2021.

This year, renewal letters may be issued. The renewal letter and the expired FAA Form 8310-5 establishes the renewal for an IA holder until the next renewal year of 2023 or until your FAA Form 8310-5 is endorsed and dated as prescribed in 14 CFR 65.95. The IA holder is required to have this letter available while exercising the privileges and limitations of an Inspection Authorization. Additionally, IA holders may select any of the available options to submit their IA renewal application to the FAA.

There are five options for IAs to renew:

1. In Office Renewal by Appointment.

2. Renewal by Mail.

3. Renewal by Electronic Mail (email).

4. Renewal by Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA).

5. Renewal by Oral Test (virtual).

Please select the following link to refer to Inspection Authorization Renewals for Calendar Year 2021 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic R1
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/not...Year_2021_due_to_the_COVID-19_Pandemic_R1.pdf

Please select the following link to refer to the Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application for the Inspection Authorization Holder.
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/not...tion_-_Inspection_Authorization_Holder_r1.pdf

If you have any additional questions regarding this memorandum, please contact the Aircraft Maintenance Division, AFS-300, at (202) 267-1675.

I don't know, it seems the activity report is still required. On page 11 it says

"After entering the information for the basis of renewal, the applicant will need to upload the appropriate/applicable supporting documentation."

which is pretty much the same as it always was.

It's possible that someone might be misinterpreting the statement on page 10 that says:

"The second section addresses the basis of Inspection Authorization renewal.
IACRA has been programmed to accept the appropriate quantities for annual inspections, major repairs and alterations, and progressive inspections in accordance with 14 CFR 65.93.
There is no requirement to list all activities, just those activities being used for renewal.
The applicant must meet the requirement for both the first and second year."

That just means you don't need to report everything you did, just the four annuals per year.

Anyway, I'd seek some clarification on that or just upload the report, it can't hurt

just did mine today as well. Seemed to work well. Isnt it amazing that it took the FAA until 2021 to do online renewal ?

Must be an aviation thing. The county airport accepts only cash or check for tie down and hangar rental, no electronic payment of any sort. I have a book of checks and a book of stamps just for that, don't use them for anything else.

Isnt it amazing that it took the FAA until 2021 to do online renewal ?

Before you know it (ie the year 2099) they will get the medexpress website to actually remember last medical's entry of things that happened to you 40 years ago!

Got my renewal letter today. That was much quicker and easier than the old way.

I wasn't too keen on adding a folded up 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper to fatten up my wallet so I printed the letter out at 40% scale and when folded in half it's the exact size of the IA card and only adds eight thou to the thickness lol d;-)

Meh....I mailed it in. Like I always do...I'll see the endorsed ticket in a month, maybe.o_O

Sent in my IACRCA Monday the 1st got letter good to go on Wed the 3rd, I like the idea of 40% print. This has to be the easy way to renew hope they keep the IACRA system.

Got my letter today, after submitting on the 28th of February. Hopefully this method of renewal continues to be an option in the future.

Renewed via IACRA on 3/4 and still no letter. Called the SW FL FSDO and was told not to worry it could take several weeks. Seems counter to what of read in this thread

I just renewed my IA without IACRA. Used the old fashioned method: FAA Form 8610, Evidence of approved renewal method, Pilot bill of rights, sent in documents and my IA card. They called me a few days later and said my 8610 had an error so I sent in another 8610. Waiting on signed card in the mail.

I did IACRA and my FSDO said they aren't using IACRA. Had to resubmit the old way.

Back