Ravioli says something good about Southwest Airlines

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
Why is this noteworthy? Well, it has never happened before.

Southwest is no longer allowing "emotional support animals" to fly free. I hope the real airlines follow suit.

And if you didn't know... I take my Pomeranian on commercial flights routinely and always pay the pet fees.

What's the impact to me? Well, even the real airlines limit pets per flight. Two in Premium and four in main cabin. I schedule flights around capacity for her.

Why? Well, a picture says a thousand words"

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPEG
    IMG_0001.JPEG
    295.9 KB · Views: 102
I might need a few thousand more words to understand why people bring pets with them everywhere.

The grocery store irks me particularly, although I don't know why. I think it's because that pet owner is stealing trust from me that their animal is not filthy.

The grocery store irks me particularly, although I don't know why. I think it's because that pet owner is stealing trust from me that their animal is not filthy.

We have a wonderful dog that my wife got from a rescue some years ago. Part shepherd and mostly lab. Very gentle until a stranger enters the yard when the grandkids are outside.

We also have a Maine Coon cat that I found in a warehouse where I worked some years ago. Seems momma got run over so a few of us took the babies home. Didn't realize at the time he would be the cat that would make me like cats. We love these guys but there is a limit.

I have an associate (OK a really weird friend) that has a Pomeranian that is beautiful and very friendly. He loves that dog but the part that bothers me is seeing him eating dinner with the dog on the table with him eating out of the same plate at the same time. Now I'm a get-a-long kinda guy but I'm sorry ... that's just gross!

Southwest is no longer allowing "emotional support animals" to fly free

So funny. I like our dog. Don't get me wrong. But she gives me no emotional support. In fact, if I had to fly with our dog, I would need an 'emotional support' bottle of scotch for the flight.

Pretty little girl. I didn’t know they came in different colors.

My wife claims her dog is emotional support animal, but in reality she is an emotional support human for the dog.

bout time they started cracking down on ESAs...there should be zero reasons that legit Service Animals or ESAs shouldn't have some form of certifications.

I am a dog lover and mine goes everywhere with me but folks using current ADA laws to game the system are pretty pathetic and ruin it for those that truly need it.

My pup is also an Emotional Support Animal...that little bugger needs a lot of emotional support.

I might need a few thousand more words to understand why people bring pets with them everywhere.

Even in Germany, which is as dog-friendly a place you can go, dogs were not allowed in the grocery stores. That was about the only place you couldn’t have a dog. I have to say, my guy really enjoyed the freedom over there and looks a little sad now when we leave the house without him.

Here’s a picture of my guy (foreground) waiting outside the local REWE grocery with a couple of new friends.

IMG-5331.JPG

Back