Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

At least until you're checking out bladder leakage underwear....
279cec786e3d7c76c73473842ad4145a.jpg

:D
Apparently a Vice President candidate was involved in the communication? (Trying to keep the political reference to a minimum?) :D
Yeah, I believe he's referring to an incident in which the person mentioned erroneously corrected a school child's spelling of "potato."

Yeah - he said "potatoe" because the school gave him the cards with the spelling bee words, and that's the way the school printed it on the card.
Interesting! So he wasn't the source of the error after all (although he did fail to notice it).

I once erroneously corrected someone's pronunciation of a German word in front of an audience. Very embarrassing! Whenever I think of that, I always remind myself of the "potatoe" incident, only now I have to admit that my faux pas was worse, because nobody fed me the wrong answer! :redface:

OMG, High beams and a STARTER! Guess I am ancient!
Over forty years ago, I had a '53 Chevy sedan-delivery. Someone tried to steal it on Beacon Hill one night, but he couldn't get it started. The poor dope had torn apart the ignition switch trying to hot-wire it, apparently never recognizing the starter button in plain sight on the dash! :rofl:

I've also seen photos like this where they say this picture can be used by parents to tell both their boys and girls why having a good education is good.

For the boys, with a good education and career you could be the man in this picture. :D

For the girls, without a good education and career you could be the woman in this picture. :eek:

Over forty years ago, I had a '53 Chevy sedan-delivery. Someone tried to steal it on Beacon Hill one night, but he couldn't get it started. The poor dope had torn apart the ignition switch trying to hot-wire it, apparently never recognizing the starter button in plain sight on the dash! :rofl:

I had a '47 Chevy 5 window pickup. Very few folks knew how to start it. Then would ask what that little pedal next to the gas pedal on the floor did.

The PZEV thing is just marketing to their “green” demographic — and an AWD Subaru is about 10 MPG off of the standard these days for “green”.

No, it's not. PZEV is a really stupid California standard that the traditional auto manufacturers came up with to delay being required to build actual zero emission vehicles.

The "partial zero emission", among other things, means zero evaporative emissions from the fuel system. So yeah, a very small part of the vehicle has zero emissions. :rolleyes:

Back