Form 8610-2 Mechanic Form

G

GreenGator

I have a PPL and wanting to go school to become a mechanic. I reported to the FFA where I failed a drug test (pot) years ago and jumped thru all those hoops to get my medical to fly. I was never nor have I ever been convicted of a crime. Just ****ed hot at a random drug test.

On Form 8610-2. it ask if you have ever been convicted for violation of any federal or state statues pertaining to narcotic drugs, marijuana, etc....

That is the only question concerning ones past mistakes on this form. This is not a medical form, it is eventually approved by an FAA aviation inspector once you finish the school. I really don't want to share my medical information with someone that is not a doctor.

I don't want to spent time and money on the school if I cant get my certification and looking for some advise.
Thanks in advance

On Form 8610-2. it ask if you have ever been convicted for violation of any federal or state statues pertaining to narcotic drugs, marijuana, etc....
This not a question about your medical history only your criminal history in relation to drugs. You said no convictions. If you had a conviction for drugs it can only delay your mechanic application for up to a year. Reference Part 65.12.

"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED FOR VIOLATION OF ANY FEDERAL OR STATE STATUTES PERTAINING TO NARCOTIC DRUGS, MARIJUANA, AND DEPRESSANT OR STIMULANT DRUGS OR SUBSTANCES?"

Unless you have been convicted (a finding) by a judge (or jury), no.

Off beat topic,, The FAA says we must have our card where it can be seen.
we are also must send the card to FSDO to be signed each March.

can we use it durning the month?

Tom, they are not signing our cards this time in NC, they are sending a letter saying you have been renewed. We are not suppose to send our cards to the FSDO...not sure how they do it where you are located.

Tom, they are not signing our cards this time in NC, they are sending a letter saying you have been renewed. We are not suppose to send our cards to the FSDO...not sure how they do it where you are located.
We have a letter stating what we need, the card is required.
2 signed FAA forms -8620-2
1 signed pilots bill of rights
1 card.
and 3 other optional pieces paper.

I have a letter from GSO FSDO saying Do Not Send Your Card...I complied and mailed in my docs which also included a list of training seminars, online classes and maintenance performed in addition to the documents you listed..I guess different areas are doing it differently.

I have a letter from GSO FSDO saying Do Not Send Your Card...I complied and mailed in my docs which also included a list of training seminars, online classes and maintenance performed in addition to the documents you listed..I guess different areas are doing it differently.
Yeah ? HUH. !

We have a letter stating what we need, the card is required.
2 signed FAA forms -8620-2
1 signed pilots bill of rights
1 card.
and 3 other optional pieces paper.
my FSDO (Tampa) sent out a email detailing that they want all IA's to submit through IACRA, not by mail. the only thing the need is the IACRA form. no need to send anything. they will email a authorization letter. thats it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back