Light plane down in Livermore, CA, near KVLK

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I was stopped at a red light, on Isabel, on the overpass over the 580 Freeway, about 7 PM, Feb 23, 2021, when I noticed a light, low wing plane, perched precariously on edge of the road. Sorry, no pictures, nor tail number. There were emergency personnel there, but no ambulances, and the traffic was flowing, so it looked like no injuries, nor deaths. The overpass is maybe a mile offset from the runway, and the plane was heading away from the airport, so no telling what might have transpired. Anyone know, or can find out, more?

The pilot and passenger of a small, single-engine plane were relieved to be unharmed Tuesday night after hitting a car as they made an emergency landing on a freeway overpass near the Livermore Municipal Airport.

“I’m glad we’re all ok,” said Redsun. He says, “Power was lost on take off.”

livermore_plane_crash_022321_01.jpg

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...shes-car-emergency-landing-livermore-airport/

I know the people involved. Everyone was ok. They lost the engine at very low altitude. No injuries just some dented metal. The pilot did a great job getting it down. Ntsb and the faa are involved so I do not want to comment more until that’s all over with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
a0f57291af856d198e16dc5307a5d74e.jpg
3f958bd928b0f19c4b56b0a350a7cccd.jpg

Glad no one was hurt, so I don't feel bad giggling at the thought of the Lexus owner's insurance agent befuddled over a "Hit by an airplane on 580" claim. At least the driver has a hell of a story to tell!
I used to own a bar and was reading my insurance policy one day and was wondering if my roof was covered if a tree fell on it. It did say that it was covered if hit by an unidentified flying object (UFO)....lol

Saw the plane sitting on the ramp yesterday as I was taxiing. Other than the collapsed nose gear, didn’t look to be much damage. I’d say he did a bloody good job putting it down on the 580 fwy. Usually a lot of cars in the Dublin-Livermore area.

Back