Found what has to be the best BBQ in in the USA!

There's basically only 2 kinds of BBQ I care about: Smoked pork loin sandwich on Wonder Bread with mustard sauce - the miracle meal of my youth. And, a good Texas style brisket. All else are pretenders to the throne.

And, a good Texas style brisket.

What I like about Texas BBQ joints is they're equal opportunity smokers. Around here "BBQ" is pulled pork, with the occasional place maybe having chicken. Go to Texas, and you can have pork, brisket, chicken, and sausage all happy together on one plate!

Sometimes it seems that anything enjoyable in life is unhealthy, illegal, immoral, or dangerous. The really fun stuff is "all the above."

I used to have a t-shirt that had a picture of a really noticeable blonde in a bikini standing next to a sprint car, and printed on it was, '' remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous.??''

There's basically only 2 kinds of BBQ I care about: Smoked pork loin sandwich on Wonder Bread with mustard sauce - the miracle meal of my youth. And, a good Texas style brisket. All else are pretenders to the throne.

Well, you have half of that correct.

Smoked pork loin is yummy and I love it, but it is not barbecue.

Barbecue is Beef.

Oh, and red meat is absolutely healthy.

Maryland. It's one of those foreign countries way out past Tennessee...

LOL, yup. Used to live there and agree, Mission was a nice change of pace. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same place. I miss the crab cakes around that area too. But I certainly enjoyed more than a couple brisket sammiches from Mission.

I get a pork loin on a regular basis. Smoke it, then cut it into smoked loin chops and slices for sandwiches. That's some good eatin'.

Back in the 70's when I lived in Va Beach, I would always stop at Pierce's BBQ off I-64 north of Williamsburg. No idea if it's still there.

Ralph's in Weldon, NC is still a "must stop" when driving I-95 for pulled pork.

Back in the day Shorty's in Kendall had some of the best ribs I've ever had. They have expanded and are now as far north as Davie and have salad on the menu. Salad!

And for the other kind of BBQ, Hutchins in McKinney, TX is pretty damn good. And not far from KTKI!

Back in the 70's when I lived in Va Beach, I would always stop at Pierce's BBQ off I-64 north of Williamsburg. No idea if it's still there.

Ralph's in Weldon, NC is still a "must stop" when driving I-95 for pulled pork.

Back in the day Shorty's in Kendall had some of the best ribs I've ever had. They have expanded and are now as far north as Davie and have salad on the menu. Salad!

And for the other kind of BBQ, Hutchins in McKinney, TX is pretty damn good. And not far from KTKI!

Well know you know.

I went to grade school in Virginia Beach about that time.

I lived in Newport News back then. Rarely made it north of Williamsburg, though.

I wonder if a BBQ master has had as his final wish to be cremated in a smoker?

Pork belly burnt ends are outstanding snacks - try them sometime. There are lots of recipes. I can't remember which ones I've used, but they are very similar to this one:

YES. I had some while on an overnight in Kansas City and absolutely loved them!

I made it to B’s BBQ but the line was 25+ deep so I decided to try Parker’s barbecue instead so we’ll see how it goes. But for Friday noon it doesn’t look that busy.

I just picked up a tri tip and a chicken half breast for tomorrow's bbq, think I didn't.

Back