O2 conservation - MH vs SkyOx

A thing that happened to me in my early oxygen using days, flew from South Georgia to Hendersonville NV. they would not fill my bottle while I waited but insisted I pick up up on departure. The following annual I discovered that I did not have my old cylinder, but a replacement one that had expired it hydrotest. Lots of company stickers on my bottle after that.

Ken

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about the Inogen Aviator. I ordered one about 5 weeks ago and was told it would be 4 to 5 weeks on delivery. I got an email the other day informing me that Inogen has decided to no longer support Avation and they refunded my money. I don’t know if it’s because of the supply chain issue we have been dealing with or if it’s another reason but you can no longer get the Inogen Aviator. I guess I’ll be ordering the skyox.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about the Inogen Aviator. I ordered one about 5 weeks ago and was told it would be 4 to 5 weeks on delivery. I got an email the other day informing me that Inogen has decided to no longer support Avation and they refunded my money. I don’t know if it’s because of the supply chain issue we have been dealing with or if it’s another reason Alfred Molina as Doc Oc you can no longer get the Inogen Aviator. I guess I’ll be ordering the skyox.

Just order a regular Inogen G5. It's the same thing. I got mine here: https://puremedco.com I was able to organize a group buy with several other pilots and got a steep discount. I got 2 of them for just a bit more than what the "Aviator" folks were charging for one. They also provided the cannula splitters so each concentrator can supply two people.

Did they require you to get a prescription from a doctor? I was told you can’t buy the regular one if you don’t have a prescription.

Did they require you to get a prescription from a doctor? I was told you can’t buy the regular one if you don’t have a prescription.

They require a prescription OR a pilot's license. We all had to send in pics of our licenses. Call them up and ask for Jon Abbotts. If you PM me I'll give you his email. (Don't want to post it here without his permission.)

reader's digest version...how do these concentrators work...what's the mechanism?

A slight thread-hijack here. However, looks like were are 4 total who are currently interested in a group buy. I suggest if we get to 6 as indicated by @Skepilot then we will move forward with the next steps to make a group buy.
@Piper_Pilot @AlphaMike @LesGawlik

reader's digest version...how do these concentrators work...what's the mechanism?

The things pumped pressurized air through a set of Zeolite filters that removes the nitrogen. Nitrogen is 78% of the air. The next biggest component is 21% oxygen. By alternatively pressurizing and depressurizing the filters you get more O2 extracted into a tank within the unit and more N2 dumped out in the ambient air. It can get up to about 90-95% O2.

The units can be designed either as a low continuous flow (similar to your average medical canula user) or to deliver pulse-flow stuff (similar to a scuba regulator or the Mountain High or Precise demand units. Most medical units aren't really designed to go above cabin pressurization limits (8000 feet) but some are.

I've contacted those interested in a group buy in DMs so we can continue the discussion offline/email

Back