XXXL head bt/anr not Lightspeed headset choices?

FancyG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FancyG
Got a Lightspeed Sierra for a starter headset.

I wear a 3X m/c helmet so headgear fitment issues aren't new to me. I like the sierra features, but the clamp force and adjustment are the same axis and the headset slips occasionally.

I'll pass the sierra to the Mrs, and am looking for help finding a quality and durable anr/bt headset for me that doesn't slip. Aircraft is Rotax Superstol.

Thanks!

That is quite an impressive melon. See if you can try on a David Clark One-X anr headset. Mine seem to have a lot of adjustability and better construction than the LS Sierras. I wear a 7 1/8” hat, medium MC helmet, so I can’t promise they will work.

Clarity Aloft. No clamping, one size fits all.
How does it work in SE piston? I'm not afraid of a radically different design/approach - if it works.

How does it work in SE piston? I'm not afraid of a radically different design/approach - if it works.
My wife has had a CA headset for five or six years now at least. The noise supression is roughly the same as the LightSpeeds. I have a set of tips for it that I use when we fly passengers (I give them my Zulus instead). It's annoying for me to use them because I have to take my hearing aids out to use it.

As charter members of the bucket head society, my son and I both use Bose X and A20’s. We laugh when hat sizes say one size fits all, all except us!

I wear a 3X m/c helmet so headgear fitment issues aren't new to me. I like the sierra features, but the clamp force and adjustment are the same axis and the headset slips occasionally.

I'll pass the sierra to the Mrs, and am looking for help finding a quality and durable anr/bt headset for me that doesn't slip. Aircraft is Rotax Superstol.

Thanks!

As charter members of the bucket head society, my son and I both use Bose X and A20’s. We laugh when hat sizes say one size fits all, all except us!

You guys are not alone, fortunately the A20 works for me, but trying to find a bicycle helmet that fits is torture. There must be a lot of small headed cyclists out there.

You guys are not alone, fortunately the A20 works for me, but trying to find a bicycle helmet that fits is torture. There must be a lot of small headed cyclists out there.
I bought my wife and I bikes last year, zero luck finding helmets for either of us, she’s a bucket head too!!:D

I bought my wife and I bikes last year, zero luck finding helmets for either of us, she’s a bucket head too!!:D

I finally found one on Amazon, made by Giro. But it took a while, they don't make to many, always out of stock and I had to send a few back. But finally found one.

My wife has had a CA headset for five or six years now at least. The noise supression is roughly the same as the LightSpeeds. I have a set of tips for it that I use when we fly passengers (I give them my Zulus instead). It's annoying for me to use them because I have to take my hearing aids out to use it.
I've used them for the past 4 years, and like them just fine.
Just as good as Lightspeed ANR my wife uses.
I like them for the extra headroom.

I finally found one on Amazon, made by Giro. But it took a while, they don't make to many, always out of stock and I had to send a few back. But finally found one.
Thanks, I’ll check it out!

7 3/4 here. Clarity Aloft can poke into your temples if your squash is of a certain shape. There's large front to back and large side to side. In motorcycle terms, you're either a Shoei head or an Arai head. If you're more side to side (Shoei), CA might not work. Your best bet is to buy a bunch of different ones and return most of them. I've tried them all and dislike every, single one. The only one I've truly hated was Quiet Technologies Halo.

I have a Clarity aloft - disappointed. First set broke after 6 months. Now the replacement is breaking - left side is dead. I’m won’t even use them for the wife now. Bought two pair of Zulus to use now.

Reach out to pigpenracing here on the board. He sells refurbished headsets - a good source of information for you.

Ditto...including the same experience with bicycle helmets. I wear a 7 3/4 hat and the A20 works fine for me.

Thanks!

I feel your pain. My hat size is 8 or 8⅛, depending on the maker. Those "one size fits all" baseball caps perch on my head like a yarmulke.

:D

That might explain the manner in which they ride in traffic.

;)

I feel your pain. My hat size is 8 or 8⅛, depending on the maker. Those "one size fits all" baseball caps perch on my head like a yarmulke.

:D
We might be related!! :eek: I was at a golf tournament and an energy drink company had beautiful young women giving away hats, drinks and stuff. The hats were very nice and looked great, I tried it on and gave it to my golf partner!!

Back