Best place to find info on 182's and 206's

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Wondering what the best place is to get educated on 182's and 206's.
Contemplating to find out if either of those may be my next plane (one my BSV is sold).

I know there is Cessna Owner Association and Cessna Pilots Association, but neither are free to join, so before i spend me money, i though i ask

The facebook page for 182 has a fair number of people so its a decent place to ask specific questions...and get 11 different answers LOL!

Yes on Cessna-Pilots.net.

Also the definitive reference book on Cessna 182's is the Cessna's Buyers Guide available here: https://cessna.org/shop/books/buyers-guides/cessna-182-skylane-buyers-guide-updated-edition/

The buyers guide is a MUST have for anyone considering a first time 182 purchase.

Excerpt: "The 182 Buyer’s Guide is a comprehensive walk through all of the most important information on buying a Cessna 182 Skylane. Topics include performance numbers, changes made throughout production years, safety aspects, insurance, pricing, modifications, airworthiness directives, and much more. The Pre-Purchase Inspection Guidelines included in the book are particularly useful as a practical approach for examining an aircraft and determining its true condition."

Last edited:
Yes on Cessna-Pilots.net.

Also the definitive reference book on Cessna 182's is the Cessna's Buyers Guide available here: https://cessna.org/shop/books/buyers-guides/cessna-182-skylane-buyers-guide-updated-edition/

The buyers guide is a MUST have for anyone considering a first time 182 purchase.

Excerpt: "The 182 Buyer’s Guide is a comprehensive walk through all of the most important information on buying a Cessna 182 Skylane. Topics include performance numbers, changes made throughout production years, safety aspects, insurance, pricing, modifications, airworthiness directives, and much more. The Pre-Purchase Inspection Guidelines included in the book are particularly useful as a practical approach for examining an aircraft and determining its true condition."

saw the buyers guide, was not sure if this is worth getting.
Does it cover the upgradeability as well?

Aviation Consumer "Used Aircraft Guide" used to be published annually in soft cover. (I think they were published as CDs later.) Detailed articles on all the twists and turns of each airplane, strengths and weaknesses, plus owner PIREPs. I have a couple of editions of these (2 volume set) that I use when checking out airplanes for one reason or another. Watch eBay and Amazon and be careful you are getting both volumes. Airplanes are alphabetical, so each volume only has half. "C" will be in Volume 1 of course.

Just like POA? :p

There wouldn't be 11 different answers if he just came to his senses, did the right thing, and conceded he really needs to buy a Bo. :p

saw the buyers guide, was not sure if this is worth getting.
Does it cover the upgradeability as well?

I'm surprised I still get surprised on POA.

Someone new to the plane type who would buy a $100K airplane, and also would consider skipping the authoritative $40 book detailing pre-buy pitfalls. A book that could be resold on this site for $25. Really? Avoid $15 and skip stopping a high dollar mistake?

Sorry Tim, not picking on you personally.

Last edited:
Back