How to find the bathroom

If no one is around most FBOs use the CTAF/unicom frequency code to access the building with those facilities.
'cept Michigan. Most use the "Michigan" code 5, 2 and 3 at the same time, 1.

In general, small airports often have just one "office" looking building - that is likely where there is a bathroom.

In general, small airports often have just one "office" looking building - that is likely where there is a bathroom.
Or they have 15 random looking buildings, and the only one that looks at all like an office is locked up tighter than a federal pen. I think that is when it is a problem.

I made an "unplanned diversion" to some airport in eastern Kentucky once. I asked on the CTAF on the way in as to where the bathroom was so I could taxi as close as possible.

I believe the state of MN requires public airports to have a restroom accessible 24/7 even if the FBO is closed. When I asked my previous GM about that (he was also technically doing a lot of the airport manager job description) he pointed out that there was a restroom at the other end of the airport on the end of one of the T-hangar rows. Apparently he also thought the only people who might fly in were locals who would know that.o_O

Did I mention that I got in trouble one time for calling him a ****ing idiot in front of a lobby full of customers?:rolleyes:
I knew there was something I liked about Minnesota! Now if we can just get it made into a federal grant assurance, with their locations shown on airport diagrams!

Non-FBO gas pumps owned by the airport itself are sometimes located where there's no obvious bathroom.

Before I flew to Moline Illinois (a Class-C airport with expensive gas at an FBO and cheap gas at an airport-authority pump), I read the comments on Airnav. Somebody complained there was no obvious bathroom nearby.

Actually there is a bathroom nearby, but it's in a hangar, not in an office-style building as you might expect. The airport seems to have taken this complaint seriously -- there are now some huge billboard-size navigation signs, visible as you taxi there and visible as you stand at the gas pump, directing you to the bathrooms.

It's unethical to send liquid to some WWTP in West Texas when you could bless a plant with some liquid...

;):confused::D

Depends....:rolleyes:
l-kimberly-clark-depend-super-plus-absorbency-men-underwear-smallmedium-7171-0952.jpg

I always keep a roll of TP or wet wipes nearby, even before I had kids. That feeling of utter dispair when you realize the next step and all you have is a pack of gum and a little bit of dignity! :eek:

Did that once, learned my lesson! Kids just reinforce the "hope for the best, plan for the worst"! :D

I made an "unplanned diversion" to some airport in eastern Kentucky once. I asked on the CTAF on the way in as to where the bathroom was so I could taxi as close as possible.

Learned about a new non towered call today - ABITAPA

I just start peeing out in the open and pretty soon comes over, points, and says "WTF are you doing, there's a bathroom right over there!"

Voilà. I just found out where the bathroom is.
Best.Answer.Ever.

You know you're finally a pilot when you've peed in a ice tea bottle while talking to ATC in turbulence.

I can walk (or run) to the bathroom, the most important thing to know is where the self serve pump is. I try to use satellite images to find it, but it’s not always obvious.

Wait. I thought real pilots only flew tail draggers with no radios. How is this paradox possible?

This has just torn a hole in the fabric of our dimension....

But what if the radio is a hand-held? And if the leather-helmet-and-goggle wearing pilot is sending Morse code over the hand-held to ATC? And there is severe turbulence. And peeing into the bottle... All at the same time. Then using the bottle to do one of those four-bomb drops (but with the bottle, not a bag of flour) then making sure everyone knows that you "flew it all the way back to the ramp" after you shut down while listening to 1940's big band music.

Maybe?

Then using the bottle to do one of those four-bomb drops (but with the bottle, not a bag of flour)
We used to have guys bomb the outhouse with ziploc bags of pee from gliders after XC flights.

Wait. I thought real pilots only flew tail draggers with no radios. How is this paradox possible?
You don't need a radio to talk to ATC. You just have to be really loud. Ever meet a quiet taildragger pilot? That's why we don't need radios.

Back