A question about logging point to point cross country

*whispers*
They are watching you.

With some simple code you could follow a tail number on any tracking site grab that data, and autofill the logbook on the website.
I love the idea, but no - I don't do that. :) And to be clear, I agree that seems creepy. I fill in xc if (a) you fill in the route field and hit autofill on the website, or (b) if you use auto-detection in the mobile apps (which fills in the route field for you) and I see a 50nm distance.

Depends on what you want to accomplish in aviation. You are allowed the less than 50nm for 135 IFR qualifications, etc.
Indeed. So MyFlightbook lets you search for "non-local" flights. The resulting totals are your part 135 xc time.

I don't use it either. I've been logging post flight based on Hobbs or equivalent for 30 years and haven't seen a good reason to change that.

Luddite! :D

A few years ago I started using, and love this feature. Tap it when the engine starts, tap it when it stops. Just too easy. And then it automatically fills in XC, night, landings, IMC, passenger names, tells me my landings were awesome, and everything else. Okay, maybe not those last few things...

Indeed. So MyFlightbook lets you search for "non-local" flights. The resulting totals are your part 135 xc time.

Ah. I added the 'Cross-country Time less than 50nm' field to keep up with it. I only have a rudimentary understanding of the software. :D

Back