Now that's how you clean a strut!

Strutwipe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Strutwipe
StrutWipe Tommy's nose strut was in awful form. During the pre-buy it actually groaned and froze in place when compressed. Well, I'm pleased to say that the 4X4 StrutWipe did its thing and the chrome cleaned up and StrutWipe Tommy no longer groans and the strut works smoothly.
During the up coming annual, I'll rebuild the strut so all of the internal components look and operate just as well!
www.strutwipe.com

upload_2021-1-30_18-27-39.png

After a solvent wash and dry, just smear the strut w full strength STP. It really reduces friction of elastomeric seals. DAMHIK.

The after looks like what mine look like after a quick wipe with hydraulic fluid....... not questioning the benefit of StrutWipe... but is it much different than a quick wipe with this https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/hydfluid5606qt_09-27000.php

Fair question. The difference is the wipe. This 100% cotton wipe is already max saturated with 5606 but will not drip. You just take it out of the ziplock package and you are ready to go. No looking for paper towels, oil can, squirting oil on a rag, dripping everywhere, and not getting an even coating. With StrutWipe you wipe down your struts, yoke chain, and you're done! Clean and lube in one step! Plus the wipe can be used as many times as possible before it either gets too dirty or dries out. Just throw the packaging back in the plane or your bag. No mess! I get three to four flight out of one 4X4 StrutWipe with one strut and the yoke chain depending how dusty it gets in the Dirty T.

You can write a letter with a quill and ink but it's a lot more convenient to use a pen!

6X6 STRUTWIPE ROYCO 756 | Aircraft Spruce
www.strutwipe.com

That's fantastic! How much sandpaper?

You guys aware that you are commenting on the OP's classified for his product? There's an RoC about that.

Folks, just a reminder that unsolicited commenting on the value of an item in The Classifieds is against the Rules of Conduct.

Per the RoC:

Participants who are browsing items for sale must comply with the following rules:
  • Participants must not comment negatively on the value or quality of the item.
  • Participants may ask as many questions regarding the items as necessary.

He is a friend of mine and he is selling a product that is beneficial to pilots..you smartarse guys should be ashamed..as if you have the right to be negative about something you have not even tried..I am ashamed to be in this group now with pompous aholes making stupid remarks like that.

Back