[NA]Wagos[NA]

I’ve seen conflicting answers in residential. I’ve never seen anyone willing to use them in commercial.

Doesn’t seem like they’re truly needed when better connectivity solutions exist for residential anyway.

I use them for low voltage/low amperage stuff only, and just out of laziness or testing something.

I've used the name brand ones for a couple connections just this weekend. I've used the off-brand ones for some low-voltage control wires too. I prefer the Wago since they have actual levers to connect. The off-brand were just press-on.

I assume they're approved based on the fact that their website says they're UL listed as connectors and I think the NEC usually just says that you have to use things for connectors that are rated as connectors.

I've read some of the pros (does not damage the wire so you can unclip, reclip and not need to trim the wires, for making changes in a box; smaller size for busy boxes; possibly easier to connect multiple wires.)
Any cons noted?

I've read some of the pros (does not damage the wire so you can unclip, reclip and not need to trim the wires, for making changes in a box; smaller size for busy boxes; possibly easier to connect multiple wires.)
Any cons noted?
Uses friction to hold, can't really inspect the connection inside properly, is basically why I don't like them. But then again, wire nuts are crap and fully approved and nobody makes proper splices anymore, so... Meh?

Nate there are clear ones now, if you want to see the depth of the wire

Electrician who wired my garage addition used them for the grounds in some junction boxes but wire-nutted the hot/neutral. Not sure on the reasoning, but could be surface area of the connection and anticipated load.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Back