Nero evaluation

C

Chaser123

Hi all,

I just took my full Nero eval today for the second time. I was diagnosed with adhd when I was six years old and just got off meds two years ago. I did really well on the cog screen Ae, getting a .0024, and acing the memory portion of that. I did extremely well on the tova as well as other tests. I did better on the Nero memory test this time around but it was still poor. I was extremely nervous during the test which didn’t help. I don’t know if the FAA will deny me again or even factor in me being nervous. I just want to know what you all think or if I even have a chance?

thank you.

Chaser, you don't want to publish your Neuro eval but it's all in the details. It's all "cases".

I think what Dr. Bruce meant was: "In order to answer your question, I'd need to be looking at all the documents with all their details. Don't post those here."
Not that you've already posted too much.
(He can correct me if I'm wrong)

@chaser123 You can delete the contents of your post, just click 'edit' at the bottom of the post and deleted the contents. It will still leave the post, but only the content you choose to leave behind.

Nauga,
who repents in leisure

Most evaluations of Nero are quite negative. He kind of gave emperors a bad reputation.

Chaser.....nothing in your post that requires taking down.....but you don’t want to publish the detail here....and without it we can’t say much useful.....there is a part of Cogscreen that looks at visual working memory so the question would be if that part concurred with the battery’s working visual memory assessment or not....visual memory IS critical to aviators.....

Last edited:
Chaser.....nothing in your post that requires taking down.....but you don’t want to publish the detail here....and without it we can’t say much useful.....there is a part of Cogscreen that looks at visual working memory so the question would be if that part concurred with the battery’s working visual memory assessment or not....visual memory IS critical to aviators.....

thank you for specifying. I don’t think it will unfortunately. Is it possible to retake just the memory portion of the battery?

You do whatever the HIMS neuropsych thinks he/she needs to do to recommend you to standards....I hope you initial eval was from one of these (see list attached). If not, head for one on the list.

Attachments

• AeromedicalNeuropsychologistList.pdf
    128.5 KB · Views: 154
You do whatever the HIMS neuropsych thinks he/she needs to do to recommend you to standards....I hope you initial eval was from one of these (see list attached). If not, head for one on the list.

He is on the list I made sure of it. I will ask if I can come back in and redo the memory portion of the test.

You gotta take it chill (I don't say that in a negative/mean tone). Some say I don't take life serious enough; I disagree. I can understand that for college, I'm looking at > $80k for training + $35k/yr for tuition/board/BS (not including any aid packages though) or when I was out of a job, that I still had to figure out how to pay for insurance and other expenses. My mom always asks "You don't act scared/worried/whatever. Are you not taking this seriously?" I explain to her every time that no matter what, I've found a way and we can keep trying. If it doesn't work, then *$@# but life goes on and you'll reach your goal... maybe just further on in time. I got a little sidetracked, but when I took the test take some deep breaths (Cliche I know). I don't mean huff and puff, just breathe normally. When I went in, I looked at it as a game. An important game but still a game. Find the fun in it! I know there are a couple of memory games, but what I remember most was the symbol matching where a greek symbol was paired with a number. I just randomly thought of some Greek god taking this test and when he fails he reigned his fury on the building. Silly I know, but find what makes you chuckle and relax.

Worked for me and hope it works for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back