Pilots acting badly...

I still wear some stuff from thrift stores
Amusingly, one of my pilot friend's family made their fortune operating thrift stores. In fact, one of the family members was credited with coining the term "thrift store."

Still a great book - 'The Millionaire Next Door". The guys driving BMW's and have big boats more often are not millionaires. They have a lot of debt. Your neighbor who lived within their means, saved for a long time and invested, drive used cars, etc. probably have a million in assets.

When I was younger I didn't fly, as I choose to put money in other places. Now that 3 kids are out of college with no debt, house is paid off, and no debt anywhere else, and a retirement account, wife and I can afford to do other things (PPL for me is one).

Flying is an expensive hobby. People who do it may not however have a million in assets. It also be could be 1) lots of debt, or 2) just choosing what to do with their money (newer car vs rental hours, etc.)

Save 15 percent of a relatively modest salary from Day 1 on the job and you'll have a $1 million 401k (at least!) by age 65. Of course, $1 million is not what it used to be.

I pay myself 70k per year and plow the rest into the above. 70k disappears pretty fast with a family of 7. Airplane insurance, hangar, and mx are taking a pretty big bite out of an already tight.
Are you serious? If so I need to hire you! You are both an amazing inspiration in determination and one hell of a frugal financial planner! Lol. Seriously that’s a heck of a budget for a family of 7! Well unless you live in Mexico. Then it’s pretty standard. I’m joking but that is pretty awesome. Good on you!

sorry thought this was beechtalk:D

I don’t know much about Beechcraft. But, what I have learned is. if you don’t fly one you are scum.

Cirrus forum would say "Oh, only a millionaire?"
;)

Cirrus pilot. “ Ahh. Millionaire you say? That’s marvelous... Now, go along young Chap and fetch me my slippers! Do hurry Lad.... “

Cirrus pilot. “ Ahh. Millionaire you say? That’s marvelous... Now, go along young Chap and fetch me my slippers! Do hurry Lad.... “

To that I’d say “Shhhh....pipe down. The pilots are talking.”

Cirrus forum would say "Oh, only a millionaire?"
;)

I’m no longer on the forum, but it’s heavy on the braggadocio. I got a bit tired of someone going on and on about their 3rd or 4th Carbon Cub or Earth Roamer. Not to say we all don’t brag from time to time, but really?

Shouldn't there be a lovely maiden to stand near the dinner table and ask ... "moteasa" ? :dunno:

Still a great book - 'The Millionaire Next Door". The guys driving BMW's and have big boats more often are not millionaires. They have a lot of debt. Your neighbor who lived within their means, saved for a long time and invested, drive used cars, etc. probably have a million in assets.

Or at least close to a Mil. I taught my kids as well, that the key is to live beneath your means. But at some point you also may want to break out of that frugal lifestyle. Maybe fly more, etc. But when you finally drive a BMW you may find yourself asking why you put that one off for so long. Just saying.

Back