Piper down in Avon Ohio

The story calls this a "two seater plane" but the photo belies that assertion. Really good to read of no injuries and no aircraft damage. It sure looks like they had plenty of field to land that thing in!

Reactions: YKA
Rumor is that they just purchased this plane without logs and there are none to be found.

Glad both made it out without getting hurt. Plane looks like it will fly another day.

The story calls this a "two seater plane" but the photo belies that assertion. Really good to read of no injuries and no aircraft damage. It sure looks like they had plenty of field to land that thing in!

I can’t make out the tail number, but the Cadet variant of the PA-28 only had two seats.

I can’t make out the tail number, but the Cadet variant of the PA-28 only had two seats.

Here's the plane ... can't make out a tail number:

144564_1

Appears to have more than two seats.

My son was driving home from Minnesota to Pittsburgh yesterday and was in this are in the afternoon. I asked him today if he saw anything. I didn't think he would have but he said no.

Probably better ground pretty frozen vs soft eh?

My son was driving home from Minnesota to Pittsburgh yesterday and was in this are in the afternoon. I asked him today if he saw anything. I didn't think he would have but he said no.

Fascinating. Epic story, will definitely read again, probably nominate this for a Pulitzer.

Back