My latest flight video of flying the Outer Banks

Twin_Flyer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Twin_Flyer
It was a 50 degree day in January. A beautiful day so what is an aviation nut to do. Go fly of course. I headed down the coast to the Outer Banks. Come along and enjoy the amazing views.

All comments are welcome as I try to improve my skills.

Thanks!!!

Beautiful spot and weather to fly. I understand you will get a lot more views when flying a twin if you went down and skimmed the waves or some other dangerous maneuver (I kid )

Good views. But you really need a hot chick in the right seat. Then you might have something! lol. Just joking. Kinda.

I like the video, but I'm not sure it's capturing how magical the flight is. I've done the same thing and it's easily the best flight I've ever done.

When possible, try to fly with the sun at your back. A south to north path would have better light and less glare. The other thing I'd suggest is to look for a way to get the camera capturing more of the land and less of the plane. I think that probably means some kind of external mount.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've done a fair amount of still photography and I've tried to look into video, but at this point I'm behind.

I like the video, but I'm not sure it's capturing how magical the flight is. I've done the same thing and it's easily the best flight I've ever done.

When possible, try to fly with the sun at your back. A south to north path would have better light and less glare. The other thing I'd suggest is to look for a way to get the camera capturing more of the land and less of the plane. I think that probably means some kind of external mount.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've done a fair amount of still photography and I've tried to look into video, but at this point I'm behind.

Thanks for the comments...

I stumbled across something like that - I'm older, not that old, but still - when he had her in a bikini laying under the plane washing it, I moved on. Not too subtle there. Why not a stripper pole in the back seat? Geez.......

Edit: not 310 guy. The other guy

Last edited:
Second video is better, I enjoy both the sky and land views.
I have flown the Outer Banks several times, but not in the winter. Definitely a brown experience now.

Occasional view of the pilot is nice, but that is competing with the outside view. The forward camera up higher would get more ground view, especially if tilted down some. The smooth sound of your engines is a fine background, personally, I prefer that to music. ATC calls are a bonus for those who are not yet comfortable with such.

Keep on flying with video, and posting here!

I stumbled across something like that - 310 pilot I think?? I'm older, not that old, but still - when he had her in a bikini laying under the plane washing it, I moved on. Not too subtle there. Why not a stripper pole in the back seat? Geez.......
I think that was the baron guy that had her washing the airplane in her underwear. I don’t think 310 pilot has ever done anything like that in a video.

Any >1000' fpm descents to recapture glideslope? What about 60* bank angles to get back on loc? Do you feature blowing through minimums to something we now know of as secondary minimums? Cancelling IFR then flying through clouds to land? I usually like a bit of danger and violation of FARs in my videos featuring twins.

(I am planning a trip to Ocracoke so I'll probably watch anyway)

I stumbled across something like that - 310 pilot I think?? I'm older, not that old, but still - when he had her in a bikini laying under the plane washing it, I moved on. Not too subtle there. Why not a stripper pole in the back seat? Geez.......
Whoa don’t slander the wrong guy. While my wife has worn a bikini on vacations, she doesn’t wash my plane. Difference between a wife and girlfriend I suppose. :)

Nice video! I've never been there, but it's on my list. Thank you for posting.

It was a 50 degree day in January. A beautiful day so what is an aviation nut to do. Go fly of course. I headed down the coast to the Outer Banks. Come along and enjoy the amazing views.

All comments are welcome as I try to improve my skills.

Thanks!!!
Nice video, thank you!!! I've been flying the OBX since '85, mostly to W95. After New Years, the winter winds can be horrendous unless a day trip. Cherry Point is always helpful, and nothing.like getting intercepted by a pair of F-18's when crossing the sound. Good job!!

Second video is better, I enjoy both the sky and land views.
I have flown the Outer Banks several times, but not in the winter. Definitely a brown experience now.

Occasional view of the pilot is nice, but that is competing with the outside view. The forward camera up higher would get more ground view, especially if tilted down some. The smooth sound of your engines is a fine background, personally, I prefer that to music. ATC calls are a bonus for those who are not yet comfortable with such.

Keep on flying with video, and posting here!

Thanks for the comments. This video thing is a work in progress. I'm learning as I go...

Any >1000' fpm descents to recapture glideslope? What about 60* bank angles to get back on loc? Do you feature blowing through minimums to something we now know of as secondary minimums? Cancelling IFR then flying through clouds to land? I usually like a bit of danger and violation of FARs in my videos featuring twins.

(I am planning a trip to Ocracoke so I'll probably watch anyway)

We're not all like that guy you're referencing... :rofl:

This is the the finale in case anyone would like to see it. Enjoy!!!

Back