REMOVED

Would this in any way be a problem with obtaining a class 1?( I suppose any class really)
Are you planning on getting bitten or were you already bitten? In most parts of the developed world, people don't get this vaccine if they're not at some risk. If you've already been bitten, since rabies effects the brain, taking the vaccine is probably less worrisome for your medical than not getting it. Also remember that the medxpress form doesn't ask about vaccines.

already been: a few years ago during an unfortunate experience where I grabbed a pair of "socks" in the dark until the socks started moving and making noise

Bat was tested and didn't have rabies if that changes anything
First medical? You don't have to disclose the vaccine. If "a few years" is more than three, you may not have to report the treatment if you weren't hospitalized. Either way, prob not an issue since you're well clear of it.

Yawner. This is one of those things that even when reported my AME goes "you got better, right?"

I am betting their are a few pilots that are vets or animal control.

Are you planning on getting bitten or were you already bitten? In most parts of the developed world, people don't get this vaccine if they're not at some risk. If you've already been bitten, since rabies effects the brain, taking the vaccine is probably less worrisome for your medical than not getting it. Also remember that the medxpress form doesn't ask about vaccines.
Actually, if you've gotten a bite from a rabid animal, and get no treatment, you will die. Period. So no worries about the medical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back