Pilots acting badly...

Wow his mother was too busy to see him whilst he was already en route.

Not to worry. In the words of Cyndi Lauper, "money changes everything!"

Reactions: YKA
"Wood had applied for and been given permission to fly to Yorkshire only."

Wow. I guess we have it pretty good here.

Then again, I guess that could be the result of what passes for journalism these days.

"Wood had applied for and been given permission to fly to Yorkshire only."

Wow. I guess we have it pretty good here.

Then again, I guess that could be the result of what passes for journalism these days.

That was due to COVID lockdowns, and is not how aviation in normal times works.

"I saw a ____ light illuminate on the panel. Fortunately, I was right over an airfield, so I landed ASAP. I'm just glad to be safe on the ground."

I don't think that article mentioned that he was a millionaire enough times... Nice class warfare hit piece...

Sounds like the pilot has some judgment issues regardless but this could have been written a lot better.
The state of journalism in this country is abysmal.

I don't think that article mentioned that he was a millionaire enough times
I think I got 7.. if only he'd left from Million Air FBO.. "after the millionaire arrived at Million Air the millionaire left Million Air.." we could have gotten in a few more gratuitous "million"

I think "millionaire should be thought of as "I can afford a house in an upper-middle-class-neighborhood and a decent minivan." Perhaps he's a hundred-millionaire, or a billionaire.
Exactly. I'm a millionaire, and is venture to guess most on this board are. I'd need to multiply that by several times before a pc-12 would enter the conversation. I'm not even sure I can afford my 40 year old spam can.

I heard about this on one of the podcasts I listen to. I am a little surprised to see its US registered, although I think I remember hearing that's fairly common in the UK for some reason?

Stock photo of the millionaire and his wife....

9018853ffe9e0af2b521e027051c83bb.png

The dumbest people I knew at BU all majored in journalism. Are you someone that has no real skill but are extroverted, vain, attractive (at least a 7), and enjoy gossiping and fanning the flames of social discontent?! Then boy do I have a career for you!

The dumbest people I knew at BU all majored in journalism. Are you someone that has no real skill but are extroverted, vain, attractive (at least a 7), and enjoy gossiping and fanning the flames of social discontent?! Then boy do I have a career for you!

In Canada you only need to be a "2", nowhere near a 7.

That's a really great way to describe it!

Speaking of news reporting.... I love it when they step out of character in a report.

Traffic reporter on local radio station today: "the right lane on the Beltway is closed because some brainiac tried to outrun the cops..."

In Canada you only need to be a "2", nowhere near a 7.

The scale has a correction factor for location.

(I knew my younger years of listening to a certain syndicated radio host would come in handy, lol).

Exactly. I'm a millionaire, and is venture to guess most on this board are. I'd need to multiply that by several times before a pc-12 would enter the conversation. I'm not even sure I can afford my 40 year old spam can.
I am a $50,000-aire and I can afford my 60 year old spam can. Why can’t you? Actually curious in this case.

I am a $50,000-aire and I can afford my 60 year old spam can. Why can’t you? Actually curious in this case.
Most of my net worth is in my business assets and retirement accounts. I pay myself 70k per year and plow the rest into the above. 70k disappears pretty fast with a family of 7. Airplane insurance, hangar, and mx are taking a pretty big bite out of an already tight budget. I'm going to at least get through the first annual before I decide, but it might be smart to share the expense with some others. It's not a question of paying for it, but rather how spending that money effects other goals. I've been working to get to "FU money" as quickly as possible, and the airplane is definitely slowing that down.
Oh chit, I'm on the wrong forum. :(
sorry thought this was beechtalk:D

In all seriousness, the kind of people who can spend the 10k it costs to get a PPL are largely going to have net worths approaching that level, or at least the earning potential to easily get there with some spending discipline.

In all seriousness, the kind of people who can spend the 10k it costs to get a PPL are largely going to have net worths approaching that level, or at least the earning potential to easily get there with some spending discipline.
Now you’re confusing us with the AOPA boards.

Glad to hear some others plebeians speaking out around here.

My PPL cost 2.5k in 2017, and my 1/3 share of a plane 4.5k. Totally not the norm, but obviously possible as it happened. I got lucky, or just waited till I found the right situation. Now I am an airplane owner and can fly 80 hours a year for about 3k all in (80x$30 (mogas C150 at private airstrip) plus 1/3 of mx costs). Even I can afford that on a family income of 60k in NY.

Maybe I am glad I am not a millionaire? Mo’ money Mo’ problems.

Certainly not in Canada. In Canada if you are too stupid for any sort of a real job, just become a journalist.
Hockey stick microphone boom. Canada eh

Attachments

• 4pgaj4ri2kn41.jpg
    4pgaj4ri2kn41.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 38
I love Canada! But wow do we have our fair share of idiots. Especially if you go to Victoria or Ottawa!

I still wear some stuff from thrift stores
I wear sandals to work (comfortable)
I’m a $1000-aire? Is that gross, net, or after fixed costs? Monthly or annually? I guess for me that is after fixed costs monthly.

And 60+ flying hours in 2020.

Never lost a tire though. What are we talking about?

Edit: Apparently got the threads crossed. This isn’t about lost tires but rather excessive privilege?

Back