TFR

PiperW

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
PiperW
Why no TFR for residences of 39, 42, or 45?

Carter, Clinton, or Trump.

Why no TFR for residences of 39, 42, or 45?
45 does have the tiny TFR in Florida. 43 (Bush 2) has the TFR over the house in Dallas. Neither 39 nor 42 have TFRs at the homes, at least nothing shows on either SkyVector or the FAA TFR site (which is abominable!). But then 39 (Jimmy) never did like the pomp & circumstance.

There was a full size one in PBI up to the time of the inauguration. It dropped to 3 miles right at that time. It seems to have now gone away entirely.

There was a full size one in PBI up to the time of the inauguration. It dropped to 3 miles right at that time. It seems to have now gone away entirely.
What’s the one at Tampa?

Trump Hotel TFR in NYC is gone, too.

Looks for prohibited areas over the residences of former presidents--Walker's Point, Maine (P-67); Crawford, Texas (P-49); Obama and Clinton live in DC...

It's is curious what happened to the Mar-Lago reduced TFR.

Looks for prohibited areas over the residences of former presidents--Walker's Point, Maine (P-67); Crawford, Texas (P-49); Obama and Clinton live in DC...

It's is curious what happened to the Mar-Lago reduced TFR.
yeah, but the Bush’s live in Dallas most of the time.

Think about it. If FAA always lets "folks" know where the ex-Prez are at . . . .. not a good idea.

Maybe he's still alive, jamming with Elvis. Or maybe there's a secret base for ET to land at there. My understanding is that TFR's aren't supposed to make sense. The VIP ones are the federal equivalent of a "baby on board" sticker on the back of a mini-van.

I think they prefer P space. Bush has the TFR in Dallas because it really can't be P, planes fly in and around it all the time. But it's within the B, so there'd be plenty of warning of an intruder. As far as I can tell, it only affects drone operations.

Back