I hate Comcast!

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I want to like them. Their business SIP service is flawless once set up.

But after sending them four tickets for four related projects and all required documents on 1/5 and now up to four separate techs calling me to figure it out — and project number 1 isn’t yet completed — I’m pretty much ready to throw heavy objects at the next idiot who calls who can’t find the documents sent three times now. Or who say they’re wrong after three of those people have asked for various corrections to documents THEY wrote and locked the PDF fields on.

And I really like our Comcast rep. He’s the cousin of our neighbor. He’s gone dead silent. He knows they’ve completely screwed the pooch on this.

FWIW, I have used Comcast for a long time and have been very pleased, BUT, I always get my one equipment because their equipment is marginal at best. I often read user complaints of poor reliability and short wireless range and just smile knowing that I have internet access to my network over 200 yards away.

What modem do you use? I use theirs with my own Linksys Velop router and it still seem intermittent.

Comcast: Great product, horrible customer service, horrible customer support. Been that way for years. Glad I'm no longer a customer.

Going on 17 days to port in three phone numbers from Level 3.

Beat. Head. Here.

Business or home?

Ooma.

What modem do you use? I use theirs with my own Linksys Velop router and it still seem intermittent.
I have the Arris Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS® 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem. You definitely want latest DOCSIS with a high throughput on the modem.

Going on 17 days to port in three phone numbers from Level 3.

Beat. Head. Here.
Might be Level 3. It took me about a month to port numbers away from Verizon, then they kept billing me and when I'd complain they'd tell me that the order wasn't complete yet and the line was inactive with the new company. Her tune changed when I told her to read me the caller ID and then tell me what line I was complaining about.

I got notice 24 hours later that Verizon had "completed the order".

Incompetence? Or evil scum?

Might be Level 3. It took me about a month to port numbers away from Verizon, then they kept billing me and when I'd complain they'd tell me that the order wasn't complete yet and the line was inactive with the new company. Her tune changed when I told her to read me the caller ID and then tell me what line I was complaining about.

I got notice 24 hours later that Verizon had "completed the order".

Incompetence? Or evil scum?

Mostly it’s just computer stupidity.

“This request doesn’t exactly match the INCORRECT info some jerkwad typed into the LNP database five years ago.”

But there’s also been the four different departments to get to a human who could actually understand it at Comcast Business also...

Their title is...

“Tech 3 - Service Assurance, Complex & Strategic Service Assurance”

Which is somewhat horrifying both that porting three numbers is “Complex” and I’m two tiers above whatever the terrifying low point must be of a “Tech 1” in that group.

Holy hell. It’s three numbers. I have to move 350 numbers and an entire SIP trunk next month. Maybe I’ll get a “Tech 4” for that? LOL.

FML. Ha.

The above request was called “Tuesday” and a lowly non-Strategic, non-Complex person called a “Switch Tech” handled a hundred of them a day and bulk requests moving thousands of numbers when I was working with carriers at a division of Global Crossing...

Unbelievable really.

Back