Looking for a help inspecting lancair kit

Natti Notti

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Natti
Hey fellow pilots and builders!

I am in a process of purchasing partially finished lancair 360 kit and looking for a help inspecting it. Anyone is available or can recommend one? Kit is located in GA. Thanks.

You can either send me a screenshot of the error or use the chat feature (lower right of the main page at LancairTalk) or email me with the details for registration. I get 5-10 per day and not any issues that I am aware of. Thanks for reporting.

You can either send me a screenshot of the error or use the chat feature (lower right of the main page at LancairTalk) or email me with the details for registration. I get 5-10 per day and not any issues that I am aware of. Thanks for reporting.

The error I got was this. But looks like account was registered, since I got the email asking for my first, last and type of aircraft I am building. BTW I still didn't get final confirmation after I provided all the answers.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 26
Fixed, thanks for the head's up.

Just give me a shout, 423-883-0721.

Mike

Consider changing the engine to an IO-540. Buddy of mine has a blue printed Lycoming angle valve I0-540 from Lycon that was dyno'ed at 351 HP. Engine is new in Red and Chrome. His Dad was building a Lancair and passed away. The engine is for sale and wants like $25K for it.

https://www.barnstormers.com/cat_se...te=&price__lte=&search_type=advanced&keyword=

medium_image_1633438_4_1611082179.jpeg

Reactions: YKA
This is hell of a lot of engine for Lancair 360! Will be bit too much CG forward. But price is definitely begs to borrow. Better be for Glasair 3 or Lance Legacy.

The engine was intended for a Glassair 3. You should see the multi-page work order from Lycon of new parts and extra machining on this engine.

Find me a Glasair 3 in need of a motor at a good price and I will but it and the motor.
@Natti Notti is correct on the pairing with a LNC2. There is a Lancair 360 with one of these motors flying though so it is possible.

how long ago was the work done, ND?
No damage history, My friend running the ad has borescope pics and all the info. It's as baeutiful on the inside as the outside. If you're serious, click on teh Barnstormers link above and ask him. He's a good guy and good reputation on the field.

Last edited:
That's a big, heavy engine. Too heavy for even an RV-10.

But as someone else asked... Where in Georgia is the airplane?

Some ballast in the tail would help offset a bigger motor.

My first post. I owned a 360MKII with the IO360 in it great bullet proof motor 225 HP would be better for operating in TX heat high density days etc...

Back