looking for a job!!

airprince

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
airprince
hi everybody, im egyptian and new here, just wondering if i can find a job here, i mean in the US, i have a commercial pilot license, but not much flying hours as im in military, flying fixed wing and rotary also.. anybody have an idea?

hi everybody, im egyptian and new here, just wondering if i can find a job here, i mean in the US, i have a commercial pilot license, but not much flying hours as im in military, flying fixed wing and rotary also.. anybody have an idea?

There seems to be a shortage of primary instructors here; I hear it everywhere I go. You might consider getting your CFI ticket.
There are plenty of employment resource sites and forums out there as well; search around.
Good luck!

networking and making personal contacts in the local aviation community is usually the best bet. when your friends know you are looking for a job they will keep their ears to the ground.

thanks you all, but can anybody help me what places exactly they wanna primary instructors? so i can start searching?

Why don't you start by telling us where you're located now (or want to be located). Most schools are looking for instructors. I know that my FBO (www.aandmaviation.com) is looking for instructors, both fixed wing and rotary.

now im in alabama, training on AH 64 D apache, but i can go anywhere, i heared that texas is a good place to start.

Last edited:
now im in alabama, training on AH 64 D apache, but i can go anywhere, i heared that texas is a good place to start.
I just moved from Georgia to Texas for a CFI job. Flying Tigers at KHOU is needing instructors badly. I've spoken with the owner and found him to be a pretty good guy to work for. You may convince him to cover some relocation cost for a reasonable commitment. Heck, it could turn into a career position with a great income if you stuck with it and went for a greater level of training to provide to customers. That's my goal.

You didn't say where in Bama but if you're near Auburn and have a degree, the university needs instructors. But, I don't think the pay is that great. There are others around. You just have to look. It might be worth investing in a subscription to Climbto350.com. That got me a LOT of referrals which led to my current awesome position.

I just moved from Georgia to Texas for a CFI job. Flying Tigers at KHOU is needing instructors badly. I've spoken with the owner and found him to be a pretty good guy to work for. You may convince him to cover some relocation cost for a reasonable commitment. Heck, it could turn into a career position with a great income if you stuck with it and went for a greater level of training to provide to customers. That's my goal.

You didn't say where in Bama but if you're near Auburn and have a degree, the university needs instructors. But, I don't think the pay is that great. There are others around. You just have to look. It might be worth investing in a subscription to Climbto350.com. That got me a LOT of referrals which led to my current awesome position.
thank you, i post mu resume on Climbto350.com , if you can help me wanna take a look at my resume there if you don't mind??

Why is it aviation job sites are all fee based, while Monster, Dice, et al list $100-150K engineering jobs for free?

:dunno:
may be because these websites are specialized in aviation industry? monster is a general website..

Why is it aviation job sites are all fee based, while Monster, Dice, et al list $100-150K engineering jobs for free?

Ummm.... Law of supply and demand? Willingness to pay?

I'm sure if subscribers suddenly declined to a very low number, they may make it free. But, the advertising employers also know those who are paying to see the listings are more serious about searching for a position.

When you find a listing, you get the actual name and contact information. How many ads are in the newspaper that are anonymous with response to a PO Box or otherwise? A lot!

thank you, i post mu resume on Climbto350.com , if you can help me wanna take a look at my resume there if you don't mind??
I don't have access to it right now but I wouldn't be able to see your resume anyway. If you want to drop a copy on me, you can send it to kennyflys at yahoo-com.

I'll be glad to make any suggestions that may help.

Ummm.... Law of supply and demand? Willingness to pay?

I'm sure if subscribers suddenly declined to a very low number, they may make it free. But, the advertising employers also know those who are paying to see the listings are more serious about searching for a position.

When you find a listing, you get the actual name and contact information. How many ads are in the newspaper that are anonymous with response to a PO Box or otherwise? A lot!

Our company has used Dice, ClearanceJobs, etc.

You're right there is usually some gatekeeper function, but it's usually pretty transparent.

I think the aviation jobs sites probably depend on the applicants willingness to pay for the information.

In the engineering industry, headhunters and placement firms get 20-30% of the placed person's salary.

I'm sure that's not the case yet in aviation. But who knows where it may end up?

I am a bit confused are you in the US Military,or are you in the Egyptian military and just getting training here in the US? you are training on Apaches. Your imigration status may have an effect on your ability to work especially if you are here on some military training mission. If your in the US military I guess you know what you need to do to relocate. I just ask because you stated that you are Egyptian and it would really stink to relocate and find out that you can't get a job due to your visa type.

I am a bit confused are you in the US Military,or are you in the Egyptian military and just getting training here in the US? you are training on Apaches. Your imigration status may have an effect on your ability to work especially if you are here on some military training mission. If your in the US military I guess you know what you need to do to relocate. I just ask because you stated that you are Egyptian and it would really stink to relocate and find out that you can't get a job due to your visa type.
im egyptian military pilot, im here for training, about the visa, im going to make a green card which allows me to work, still studying the situation before i can take the decesion

Well, best of luck in your adventures. Keep us posted about what you are doing, and by all means, feel free to share the occasional photograph!

I'll second what Kenny said about the owner of Flying Tigers. I have met him a few times through events that we've done at the museum. He's a really good guy, and yes, they need instructors. They're the only flight school in Houston (that I know of) that fly all Grummans. Also, they are the only one at KHOU, a Class B airport.

im egyptian military pilot, im here for training, about the visa, im going to make a green card which allows me to work, still studying the situation before i can take the decesion

I'm not sure making your own green card would be a good idea...;)

Just kidding!!:D

But this reminds me of something important: you obviously speak and understand English very well, but you should work on your vocabulary, spelling, etc. It's good, but it could be better. You have my respect- English is very hard to learn- but any improvement you can make will help you a lot, especially in any professional flying, where proper communication is critical.

Monster and the like are generally a waste of time for any mid-to-senior position, I've found.

The "good" sites are all pay-for. A lot less crap and far, far more focused searching.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'm not sure making your own green card would be a good idea...;)

Just kidding!!:D

But this reminds me of something important: you obviously speak and understand English very well, but you should work on your vocabulary, spelling, etc. It's good, but it could be better. You have my respect- English is very hard to learn- but any improvement you can make will help you a lot, especially in any professional flying, where proper communication is critical.
you are right, as a non-english speaker, i wanna say that the current american language is different from what is written the books, so the only way to improve the language is to communicate here with people, to live the real thing..

you are right, as a non-english speaker, i wanna say that the current american language is different from what is written the books, so the only way to improve the language is to communicate here with people, to live the real thing..
But what is written in the books is very important, too. While American slang will get you acceptance with your age-mates, proper English will get you respect.

Take a look at what you wrote. When spoken, it would sound nearly correct, but there are several errors that show up when written. Here, I'll fix it for you.
You are right. As a non-English speaker, I want to say that the current American language is different from what is written in the books, so the only way to improve the language is to communicate here with people -- to live the real thing.

But what is written in the books is very important, too. While American slang will get you acceptance with your age-mates, proper English will get you respect.

Take a look at what you wrote. When spoken, it would sound nearly correct, but there are several errors that show up when written. Here, I'll fix it for you.
I know it is terrible :dunno: , I am trying to improve the language step by step, thank you :rolleyes:

I'm just glad he's speaking English rather than expected to be catered to in their native language. That's a far cry from MANY who are actual citizens or have lived here most their lives. Though, that wouldn't' fly far in aviation.

Back