Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

7d6bffa6fcf6c6e191133ad58b543beb.jpg

So a POA board guy and an AOPA board guy are hanging out on the beach... (it could happen).

POA guy has a crowd of nice looking ladies all wanting to meet him, and AOPA guy is pretty much being ignored. Later that evening, AOPA guy asks POA guy his secret. POA guy says, "Simple, I just tuck a potato down in my bathing suit and it works every time."

Next day AOPA guy is on the beach, and once again he's being left completely alone. He asks POA guy, "POA guy, I tried your potato trick, but it doesn't seem to be working at all."

POA guy says, "Well, the potato goes in the front!"

That PZEV branding on my Subaru always bothered me. First, it’s a mandatory up charge on the vehicle. Second, parsing ‘Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle’ just means it is ‘Not A Zero Emissions Vehicle’.

Yeah I thought about removing it and just replacing it with the new Jeep style decal, but I had a spare decal so figured I’d try this way first.

The PZEV thing is just marketing to their “green” demographic — and an AWD Subaru is about 10 MPG off of the standard these days for “green”.

It’s kinda like when they switched to thin cracking “pleather” when they added ASPCA to their donor list of places they will donate to on a new sale.

They know their granola-head Boulderites customer base, and their desperate need to virtue signal, very well. :)

Kinda hard to fault them for it. They manage to make their customers who actually want and need a solid AWD system “feel” like they’re good little Citizens.

LOL. Fun with Marketing. Two drink minimum. Pay at the door. :) :) :)

I wish he would explain it to me. I really don't understand what's funny about the picture. Im not making a point or coming at some other BS political stuff sideways. I just don't get the joke.
Agreed. I mean, I understand the context but it certainly didn't merit a meme being made of it, and it certainly wasn't funny enough to go viral. I think it's more of a thing because a large majority of Bernie's fan base are young adults who are more likely to create a meme in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

That PZEV branding on my Subaru always bothered me. First, it’s a mandatory up charge on the vehicle. Second, parsing ‘Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle’ just means it is ‘Not A Zero Emissions Vehicle’.
I have one of those. They added a different catalytic converter and programmed it to idle at a higher rpm at startup to get the cat up to operating temp faster. There’s also an activated charcoal filter mounted behind the engine air filter. And an extra $300 on the sales price.

I wondered what that pzev meant. We have the 3.6r motors. They have plenty of pep. We're afraid to get one 2014 or later though as Subaru went to CVT even in the 3.6 in 2014.

Back