Sad News

jimf41

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jimf41
Last night a Blackhawk medevac helicopter crashed near Rochester NY. Two of the Three pilots pilots were friends of mine. All three were killed. All three were NY National Guard pilots on a training mission. Even though they were part timers we train hard in the NG as we are deployed just like the active duty folks. Sometimes this flying business can be very dangerous. The news reports say they were flying very low and at night so I suspect they were on an NVG mission and probably hit some wires that are very difficult to see with NVG's. We are pretty close community in Army aviation and this one really hurts. One of the guys has four young kids at home.

I'm new on this forum and I follow a few others but I thought that this was the right place to post this.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Reactions: YKA
So sorry you lost your friends.

I’m sorry for the loss of your friends.

I have family in Rochester. I’m sure the whole community will feel this.

I'm sorry for your loss and condolences to the families. I hope your community can rally around and support these young ones.

So sorry for the loss of your friends. Prayers for the family, may they find strength and support from the community and their military family.

Horribly sad when the young are taken from us way too early.

Condolences and a nickel on the grass. As you well know, our losses in the training/proficiency world exceed our combat losses, and for me, they hurt more.

Condolences and a nickel on the grass. As you well know, our losses in the training/proficiency world exceed our combat losses, and for me, they hurt more.
Without those training losses, combat losses would be excruciating.

Doesn't make it feel any better though.

If you're like me, the military camaraderie makes this even harder because they were not just friends, they were somewhat like brothers. Sometimes you hate them, sometimes you love them, but burying any of them is never easy. It sucks every single time.

My condolences - please reach out to others in your unit if needed. I'd also suggest any of the veteran organizations that you qualify for as a source for someone who can listen and understand.

Sorry to hear. Keep their memories alive in something that you do. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear. If there are any go fund me sites for college fund for the kids, etc. please post.

nickel on the grass. A tough business indeed. My sincere condolences.

Sorry to hear this and for everyone’s loss. Glad you felt compelled to share this loss in your effort to deal with this.

It happens, sorry for you and those associated.

But, perspective of idiots always eases pain: My Air Wing Commander, walking from the memorial service at the base chapel to the O-Club, after a friend slammed into a mountain: "Hell, his wife ought to buy, she got a good insurance payout!"

Made me inappropriately LOL, in a day before LOL was a thing.

You were a Great American, Rodney.

I'm sorry. I'm in claims so I deal with a few fatal crashes every year. The human aspect is very difficult, the greiving family and friends. But among us in aviation, you and your mates are in rarefied air, pilots we all wish we could be. God bless them and their families, and tailwinds.

I am sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and the loved ones of the three pilots.

I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers to the pilots families. God bless them.

Back