Can't resist

Hasn't the Disney one been there since becoming the new home of the NBA?

I 'think' his point is there are fewer TFRs to worry about now.

Yeah, but now there is a big, fat TFR over the DC area.... which actually impacted me today. Which is irrrrrritating.

Until the new POTUS starts spending time at his beach home in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Just moving TFR's from Florida. NYC & NJ to Delmarva

spending time at his beach home in Rehoboth Beach, DE

NOOOooooooOOOooo that is too close to OXB, and WWD... two places I will be flying to on a semi-regular basis for some beach time this summer....

But there won't be any complaining about the new ones, since they're protecting a _____. [don't even think it]

No, not really. I was comparing purpose of the TFRs....it was a comment that no one got...or if they did...

nevermind.

Since the new TFR seems to be on the east half of the airfield at PBI, what are the effects for operations out of there?

NOOOooooooOOOooo that is too close to OXB, and WWD... two places I will be flying to on a semi-regular basis for some beach time this summer....
Fear not. They will move to California in under a year.

Since the new TFR seems to be on the east half of the airfield at PBI, what are the effects for operations out of there?
"No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
Except the flight operations listed below:
  1. AIRCRAFT ARRIVING OR DEPARTING KPBI AIRPORT.
4. ALL AIRCRAFT APPROVED TO OPERATE WITHIN THE TFR MUST BE SQUAWKING AN ATC DISCRETE CODE AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE TFR AND MUST REMAIN IN TWO-WAY RADIO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ATC. "​

"No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
Except the flight operations listed below:
  1. AIRCRAFT ARRIVING OR DEPARTING KPBI AIRPORT.
4. ALL AIRCRAFT APPROVED TO OPERATE WITHIN THE TFR MUST BE SQUAWKING AN ATC DISCRETE CODE AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE TFR AND MUST REMAIN IN TWO-WAY RADIO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ATC. "​
At least they didn't screw up VFR GA like the big TFR's do. Thanks.

Don't forget Wilmington too...

The outer ring of Presidential TFRs are 30 miles. Also, I'm hoping there will be a cutout for Ocean City, MD (KOXB). It's about 25 miles from KOXB to Rehoboth. Only about 18 to KWWD. However, they're in the outer ring. Being on flight following or IFR should get you through with no problems.

Of course, if you're banner towing, or parachuting, etc., you'll be out of luck.

hate to tell you but disneyLAND is in california.........
Yeah, I know. And both got TFRs almost immediately after 9/11.

Trivia story....while I was working at JPL, I finagled a presentation by one of the senior engineers for amusement parks. Retired Army O6 civil engineer, went to work for Disney. He compared working on Disneyland vs Disney World...at Disneyland, when they needed additional funding for upgrades and such, they increased the gate fee. At Disneyworld, they just increased the tax rate in the county.

I'm just glad I won't see another 4 years of TFRs in northern NJ spilling over into southern NY and making it impossible to get to my frequent destination there...

Back