Have you ever seen a ghost or UFO

YKA

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
YKA
Had a few friends over for dinner, the 6 of us while chatting got into a discussion about Aliens, ghosts, and UFOs. Which has got me thinking, who here has seen 1 or more of them. If so share your experience. The closest I have come personally, is an ex gf who could well have been an alien, from a planet full of hostile and stupid aliens.

The family saw what we agreed could be a ghost while driving in the middle of a snowstorm.

Reactions: YKA
I've seen a UFO while flying an MD-80 at night, but it was likely just the military testing some upper atmosphere tech. Doubt it was little green men!

The aliens left the planet after they finished the pyramids which they built by piling blocks of stone on top of each other because they didn't know about modern materials like concrete, steel, or aluminum.

Humans, you should not ask about such matters. We have let you live in peace since we departed your planet after completing the pyramids. We left you amazing gifts of technology such as the aeroplane you call... Bonanza. We taught your forefathers the power of the straight-in approach, yet you continue to execute a teardrop entry to the downwind. You mock us with this blasphemy! Do not taunt us further. We gave you the skills for proper radio communication.... yet you continue to clog the primitive CTAF frequencies with silly human transmissions such as, "Any traffic in the pattern please advise." Silly humans. If we are forced to return we shall take away these gifts and leave you nothing but a fleet of overpriced high-winged 172s with run out engines and primitive panels in our wake.

The nearest thing to a ghost or UFO I've seen is the Marfa Lights.

3 stories from the family. All happened in the same house. 1 additional incidents happened to me while in my car.

Back in the 80's my aunt and uncle moved into an old house in SE Michigan. My cousin, who is quiet and not one to try and draw attention to herself, I take her at her word on both of these incidents.

As you entered the front door there were stairs right in front you in the foyer, to the right of the front door was the front parlor. The parlor also had a full view of the stairs. Behind the parlor was a dining area, and behind the foyer/stairs was the kitchen. Behind the dining area you went down a few steps and there was the family room where the television was. All bedrooms were upstairs. My cousin had just finished up her homework and was heading upstairs to bed. My aunt and uncle were in the back family room watching TV. Going up the stairs my cousin yells out, "Goodnight mom, goodnight dad," and she got a response of "Goodnight, Jennifer." The next morning my aunt and uncle asked her why she went to bed without saying good night. She says she did say goodnight, and heard her uncle say goodnight in return. A discussion of no I didn't, yes you did ensued with both sides adamant of their position.

After that incident (unsure of the time frame) the way the family schedules worked out Jennifer was the last to leave the house and the first to get home. So, off the family goes to work and school (she may have been out of HS by now). The house has been empty all day, and when Jennifer gets home she goes upstairs to her bedroom. In the middle of the floor, far away from her desk/table/bed or anything else they could have fallen off of, were 4 pencils arranged in a perfect square.

The last incident occurred in the front parlor. It was witnessed by my mom, dad, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two dogs. Us kids (4 of us) were in the back living room watching a movie or playing Atari or something so I didn't witness it, and wasn't told about it until a while later. So the adults are in the parlor chatting away and the dogs are asleep in the middle of the room. Suddenly both dogs snap awake at the exact same time and stare at the front door like someone just came in. No barking from either of them, just staring at the door. The adults stop talking and watch the dogs. Then both dogs, in unison, move their heads as if watching someone walk up the stairs. Their eyes and heads continue as if they are watching someone go up the stairs until whatever it may have been reached the second floor and disappeared from view. Then they both laid their heads back back down and went back to sleep. The adults went back and forth between watching the dogs heads follow something and looking to see what the dogs were looking at and seeing nothing. After that, mom said we weren't going back over there again.

The last incident happened to be back in the early 90's. I had a mighty Buick Skyhawk with a manual transmission. It was a weekend, and I was heading back from Holland, MI to my parents house on the east side of Grand Rapids. The road I took at the time runs due east west for 25 miles through mostly farmland with a couple 4 way stops along the route. There's about a 10'-15' "jog" in the road at the halfway point where it crosses the county line and they didn't quite get it lined up from county to county, but you can take that with the speedometer nearly buried in an '84 Skyhawk (*innocent whistle*) so it shows how little of a jog it was. It's not perfectly flat but the point is, you can see headlights and taillights for MILES on this road as you catch them or they approach you. You'll never get surprised that someone is coming, or you are coming up on someone. So it's probably 2am or so, and being young and impervious, I'm thinking "ain't no cops out this late on this road." So I cross 196 and wind out that 4 cylinder. I'm a few miles down the road, but before I get to the aforementioned jog, and something that never happened before, nor happened since (in that or any other car).

I have the speedometer buried and as I start to come up on a small hill. Before reaching the hill, my shoulder-belt starts repeatedly tugging at me, hard. Probably 5 or 6 tugs, enough to cinch me to the seat. Now, I have had inertial reels on cars lock up on me before where they don't want to release. This was not locked in place issue like those. This was a tug-release-tug-release-tug-release like 5 or 6 times. In another scenario I may have enjoyed that. I'm thinking, "what the f is going on with this," so I let off the gas to slow down from buried to 60 (about 5 over) or so as I'm climbing the hill. I crest the hill and stopped in the middle of my lane is a car. Lights on, but not moving at all, and not far enough down the back side of the hill that that it was stopped in a safe place. It was in the perfect blind spot. I have *just* enough time to swerve into the oncoming lane and avoid the car. I continue on and it sits there, and sits there. There were no driveways it could have pulled out of. Any cross street it would have entered from I would have seen the tail lights at some point. This car had to have been stopped for at least 10 minutes, sitting there in the middle of the road in the middle of the night. Had that seat belt not tugged at me, there is absolutely no way I could have avoided the car, or safely swerved, and it would have been a wreck of NASCAR proportions.

Still have no explanation for why the shoulder did that at that particular moment, and never previously or since.

If you didn't ID it, by definition it IS a UFO

That's true.... so every time ATC points out traffic like this, "Traffic is 9 o'clock same altitude 5 miles eastbound, type unknown...." Then, when I see afrorementioned traffic.... have I seen an unidentified flying object?

I think yes.

In that case, I have seen countless UFOs. Saw one yesterday.

If you didn't ID it, by definition it IS a UFO. Doesn't mean it's alien, or secret tech. Could have been a 172, but if you couldn't confirm it was a plane, it's a UFO.

But I wasn't sure if I could confirm it.

My wife was working the night shift at a 24-hour veterinary clinic. As she walked down the hall one night, she saw a man in a medical jacket standing by the table in an examination room. A moment later, she realized she didn't recognize the man. Went back, and there was no one there.

Me being a skeptic, I queried her. She was able to describe in detail what the man looked like and what he wore.

Afterwards, she was told that a previous owner of the clinic had committed suicide.

Ron Wanttaja

I've never seen anything, but my wife claims that she is sensitive to that sort of thing and have several stories of apparitions that she's seen/heard. Who am I to doubt?

Friend of mine was flying an RF-4 and was approaching a tanker for refueling. A fireball lit up and rapidly disappeared. He got on the horn and asked the gas passer “What the hell was THAT?” The reply was “You didn’t see anything. Check with Ops after the mission”.

It was a SR-71 after gassing up on JP-7 from a different tanker. Still highly classified at the time.

Cheers

No such thing as ghost. But there are evil spirits.

And with that said.

Several years ago I was in Texas loading up my truck with items I wanted since my mom was about to sell and move. I was trying to get things to fit together to last the ride, and to get more things in the bed. I was trying to get some book shelves my dad had built loaded and load them with smaller items. I was trying different ways, and stood back to visualize a possible better fit. Out of the corner of my eye I saw an apparition of my dad standing there watching. He had a peculiar way of standing when he was trying to visualize an engineering problem. He would stand with his feet slightly spread and hold his right elbow in his left hand while cupping his chin with his right hand, index finger tapping the space right under his nose. And that is how I saw him.

I didn't move for about 20 seconds, and when I turned my head, of course there was nothing there. When I was younger, that is how my dad would stand when I was doing something. He would watch until I either figured out the problem or gave up and asked for help. I am guessing since that is how he would watch me years earlier then that image stuck in my mind and unconsciously came up as I was working.

I've seen gobs of UFOs (at least to me), but never any ghosts.

I have has numerous unexplained things happen to me, and as crazy as it sounds, 2 were very similar to EdFred.

I was home alone in a house my parents bought that I never felt comfortable in. Like I would have reoccurring dreams about the basement where I was always trying to hide from something. Anyways, I was alone watching TV in the front room one night alone. We had 2 cats and they were dead asleep on the couches and I was still and watching TV. At the same exact time, both cats woke up and followed something that was walking up the stairs until whatever it was at the top of the stairs and they both went back to sleep. No hissing or reaction other than to watch. Something held their attention long enough to make them stare and follow it up the stairs.

Another time, as a punk kid with a car, I would take a creepy unknown way back road and try to hit high speed records. This time I was on a double date and my date wanted to see if I could hit 100 (I mean the posted limit...). I was running the car hard and was getting close. The road was deserted and completely dark. You could see any lights for at least a mile and it was straight so my headlights would reflect if there was a car parked without lights, so I felt like it was pretty safe. As I was going I suddenly had this dread wave, best I can explain it, come over me and I was chilled. No one else seemed to be affected and everyone else was laughing or singing, so I knew it was just me. I muttered something about the car overheating and slowed down to maybe even below the speed limit. As the car came up to a train crossing, someone had dragged a large branch across 80% of the road. It was large enough that it would have destroyed the car. I had just enough time and space to slow even more and drive around it. Another 10 more miles per hour or couple of seconds less and I dont know if I would be here.

I have had quite a few deja vu experiences when I was growing up. My parents, and later, I would be somewhere and I would get a sense that this place was familiar or important somehow. Years later I either dated someone that lived in that neighborhood, worked a job there, or moved to that location. Its hard to explain, but we would take long drives as a family on the weekend, and it was usually hours of just roads. Every so often it would seem like I know this place, and knew there was a store there or whatever, and I could see it in my head. And it wasnt because we had been there before.

I have been around a few dying relatives in my life. The 2 that were still coherent at the end had similar last days or even hours. They would suddenly stop talking, look in the upper corner of the room, and smile. They said it was a passed relative coming for them and it was going to be ok, they werent scared anymore. Then they would spend the remaining hours , content and glancing into that corner. Both times, someone was talking to the dying person, having a real conversation, and whatever they saw stopped them mid sentence. Both people that had this happen to them I would consider extremely logical and was never know to tell false stories. One was supposedly having a full blown conversation with whatever they saw, complete with pausing for responses and laughing at whatever they heard. I wasnt there, but my wife at the time said she went to visit him, and noticed he was talking to someone and she waited outside the curtain thinking it was a nurse. After waiting a few moments, she realized it was a one sided conversation, and went in. No one was there, but she swore he was talking to someone. He said it was his wife that had passed and she was sent to bring him home after his death. He did tell my wife that his wife was watching over us and mentioned something that we didnt tell anyone. I dont know what was said as my wife said it was a message for her, but it shook her pretty bad. I dont know what to make of that, other than its creepy once. Twice is very creepy.

Not really a 'ghost' per se, but as a 9 year old traveling through Europe with my mom, we had a train booked from Rome up north, and as we were getting ready to leave, I became violently ill, throwing up, not being able to stand, etc. and missed the train. Within minutes after the scheduled train departure, I immediately got better, as if nothing happened. Mom was royally ****ed off.

Until we learned that the train crashed, and a couple dozen people were killed.

Not really a 'ghost' per se, but as a 9 year old traveling through Europe with my mom, we had a train booked from Rome up north, and as we were getting ready to leave, I became violently ill, throwing up, not being able to stand, etc. and missed the train. Within minutes after the scheduled train departure, I immediately got better, as if nothing happened. Mom was royally ****ed off.

Wow! God was looking out for you all.

Within minutes after the scheduled train departure, I immediately got better, as if nothing happened. Mom was royally ****ed off.

Will you be my passenger?

Level at FL450 at night over the Bahamas heading toward Florida I saw a red pulsing light (like a tail beacon) above us moving same direction faster than us. I mentioned it to the other pilot and he confirmed. After making sure we weren’t seeing a reflection of our iPhones or something else in the cockpit we asked ATC if they had any traffic above and ahead of us. Of course they didn’t. We lost sight fairly quickly after that. <insert spooky tone>

Humans, you should not ask about such matters. We have let you live in peace since we departed your planet after completing the pyramids. We left you amazing gifts of technology such as the aeroplane you call... Bonanza. We taught your forefathers the power of the straight-in approach, yet you continue to execute a teardrop entry to the downwind. You mock us with this blasphemy! Do not taunt us further. We gave you the skills for proper radio communication.... yet you continue to clog the primitive CTAF frequencies with silly human transmissions such as, "Any traffic in the pattern please advise." Silly humans. If we are forced to return we shall take away these gifts and leave you nothing but a fleet of overpriced high-winged 172s with run out engines and primitive panels in our wake.
Is this an alien rant? :)

Dachau.

My then-wife and I stopped to look at the house of horrors. We went into the restrooms - while I was in the men's room, I distinctly heard someone walking in boots with taps on the concrete floor and felt a cold draft of wind that disappeared. When I came out and met with my wife, she asked if anyone was in there - she felt like someone was watching her and felt a cold draft. There was no one else around. We saw the place and left - and didn't speak for probably 2 hours in the car after we left.

That ground has very troubled souls. Very.

Not really a ghost / ufo story but...

Back when I was 7 years old, my dad hurt his knee playing a pick-up game of football...this is only important because it meant he had to temporarily sleep on the couch. My mom was sleeping in her bed, and my brother and I were sleeping across the hall from my mom in our bunk beds. At 4:30 a.m., my dad, brother, and I woke to my mom's blood-curdling scream! My brother and I ran to mom's room first, my dad came hobbling in on crutches a few seconds later. My mom yelled with fear in her voice, "There's someone in the house!" This obviously freaked my brother and I out and while we jumped into bed with mom, my dad went hobbling on those crutches through the house looking for an intruder...it's also worth mentioning that we lived in a house in the country, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by corn fields, making the idea of an intruder that much more scary to a 7 year old (or anyone I guess)!
After searching the whole house, double checking that all the windows and doors were secured, my dad came back in and told us all to go to bed because mom "imagined it". My mom was still adamant that someone was in the house, so my dad asked my mom what she saw. My mom said in the dark, she could see someone walk in the bedroom, then walk up to her bedside. As she watched this, she said she awoke clearing cobwebs from her mind and her first thought was that it was my dad, but then also thinking, 'how is he walking so well with the injured knee?' Before she could say a word, the figure outstretched his/her arm and hand, then pushed a finger hard into my mom's abdomen. She said that was when she realized it wasn't my dad, so she screamed, and the figure ran out of the room. As a 7 year old kid, this recant of what my mom thought she saw totally FREAKED ME OUT, and I still vividly remember my mom telling us what she believed had just happened. I also vividly remember my dad's instant belly-laughing hard when my mom said what happened, and him reassuring her, my brother, and I, that it was just a dream....
Which would be fine, until the phone rang waking us all up again, at about 7:30 a.m. that same morning. It was my grandpa (mom's dad), calling to say my grandma (mom's mom) was rushed to the hospital at 4:30 a.m. for an emergency appendectomy!

Last edited:
UFO's. Yes. On two occasions.

When I was in high school, some friends and I saw a falling star come to a stop. When we looked at it through binoculars, it was a group of three lights, red white and red. It stayed stationary for about 20 minutes and then just faded away.

Later when I was in college, I was headed from Laramie, Wyoming to Ft. Collins, Colorado one cold, super clear, January night on US 287. A ball of green light slowly flew across the highway in front of me from west to east, about a 1/4 mile ahead of me at probably 200-300 AGL. It wasn't swamp gas. It wasn't a weather balloon. I don't know what it was...

No UFOs. Not sure about the ghosts; I'm pretty sure I have felt and heard my late sister's presence on more than one occasion. But...

One day I'm driving down the road, on my way to an account where I was supposed to service some equipment. I'm waiting in a turn lane to make a left, and I swear to God I saw myself drive right past me, in a different car, a white Taurus wagon.

Couple of years later I changed jobs, and got my company car. Yes, it was that white Taurus wagon. Never have come up with an explanation for that.

You forgot the part about them taking away all our magnesium flight control surfaces...

Back