Winter escape

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
I have AA miles and credits so Lady Friend and I were considering a trip to warmer climes. Looking at Covid maps it appears the South Padre Island area of TX is actually in not bad shape. What do TX friends think about this or maybe Baffin Bay area? Good place for an 8 day getaway?

Southwest has suspended flights to much of the Caribbean, as of a week ago. Not sure if they'll modify their special Companion Pass that was offered as good from 1/6 through 2/28?

I have AA miles and credits so Lady Friend and I were considering a trip to warmer climes. Looking at Covid maps it appears the South Padre Island area of TX is actually in not bad shape. What do TX friends think about this or maybe Baffin Bay area? Good place for an 8 day getaway?
Can’t help on the TX stuff but AAL is flying to Cabo. They are supposedly in ok shape in that area. We’ll see. :)

The CDC is now requiring covid tests on all people coming into the states from another country. That may make international travel more of a pain than it's worth.

I'd be a little reluctant to travel outside the states these days, especially on the airlines.

The CDC is now requiring covid tests on all people coming into the states from another country. That may make international travel more of a pain than it's worth.

I'd be a little reluctant to travel outside the states these days, especially on the airlines.

Many of the major airports are offering on-site testing. TUL is actually doing the testing on-site so that you get results within 45-minutes or less. It may not be that big of a hassle depending on the time outlay at that airport.

FL has been extremely popular, kinda warm, mostly ‘open’. I don’t know about going out of the country, be sure & check ahead about restrictions & all. I’d hate to get trapped, maybe you already had Covid or the vaccine.

We ducked out to Apalachicola, FL a few weeks ago, not as warm as S FL, but a nice area to explore. Coming from Philly, FL is an easy answer. TX works too, depending on desires & mixing it up from previous trips.

Orlando’s high was 55 yesterday. Don’t assume that because it Florida it will be warm.

It was tough but we confirmed it for you. AAL to Cabo is perfecto right now!
DEA93C64-FFEB-44A3-887F-6E2205307525.jpeg 0534B9D7-BA96-4B7E-834B-D7DEC31E2E5E.jpeg

Bahamas are quite empty right now. BUT you will have to have a negative COVID-19 test that is no older then 5 days (in December 2020) before entering the Bahamas and you have to get a travel visa (ours took 15 minutes once we had received the negative test results, but the website says it can take 2 or 3 days).

With the new rule of needing a negative covid test before being allowed back into the US it killed any plans we had of going to mexico or the bahamas. Getting the test is easy enough but one false positive test and you are now stuck in a foreign country with no place to stay because the resorts wont let you back in either with a positive test.

Back