Need help accessing XL2 forum

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
It’s a forum for Liberty XL owners and wannabes. A few nights ago their Captcha service was broken and I couldn’t log on. Now, they say to login and go through the Captcha process again because I had too many login attempts. But that just gets me back where I started. I deleted my cookies, but no joy. Their FAQ says to contact the team members but as far as I can tell, I have to be logged in to do that. Catch-22.

If any Liberty XL owners or wannabes on this would offer to help, I’d appreciate it. Just let me know through chat.

Thanks

An update. The XL forum finally sent me a password reset email, so I’m good.

An update. The XL forum finally sent me a password reset email, so I’m good.

Looks like you are in a pretty exclusive club, I've always liked that airplane, glad you got onto the forum.

Looks like you are in a pretty exclusive club, I've always liked that airplane, glad you got onto the forum.
Thanks. Don’t even have my PPL but this plane seems to suit my useful load, my body, my mission, and my budget very well.

Thanks. Don’t even have my PPL but this plane seems to suit my useful load, my body, my mission, and my budget very well.

It's a cool plane, but not being made anymore if I recall correctly. You may want to make sure parts are available before you buy one.

It used an IOF-240-B engine. I don't know if you can get the FADEC system anymore since the engine was used only on the Liberty, AFAIK.

It used an IOF-240-B engine. I don't know if you can get the FADEC system anymore since the engine was used only on the Liberty, AFAIK.
I know about the FADEC engine. Continental is developing one for their 6 cylinder engines. Replacement XL engines are ridiculously expensive but Continental still supports the FADEC on the XL.

Discovery also did the re-engineering to put a Rotax 912 iSc on the plane. The engine swap alone adds over 100 lbs to the useful load. But, last I heard, the swap is frightfully expensive. I guess a last resort to keep the plane flying.

The Liberty XL was originally designed for the certified version of the Rotax 912 ULS, so an STC isn’t needed for the swap. That should help a little bit.

Last edited:
Back