Check Ride sign off

Majid. M

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Love to Fly
Hello

I was wondering in order to get signed off for a check ride, can one instructor sign off for the ground portion and another instructor sign off the flight portion. Or one instructor must do both.
haven't gone deep into FAR/AIM to see if there is a rule for this.

Thank you all. Be safe.

i took and passed ground school before even starting flight training. my CFI signed off for the check ride. this was 9-years ago so unless something has changed it should not be a problem.

You can be signed off for each by different instructors. It’s 2 separate endorsements needed so it doesn’t matter if 2 different instructors signed off. You still need to have the same knowledge as everybody else, regardless of who taught you.

I also have two.

yes, I had 6 flight instructors from 3 states before getting PPL. Study, study, study....:)

For the private practical test:

§61.103 Eligibility requirements: General.

(f) Receive flight training and a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor who:

(1) Conducted the training in the areas of operation listed in §61.107(b) of this part that apply to the aircraft rating sought; and

(2) Certified that the person is prepared for the required practical test.​

Note that the "endorsement" certifies the person is prepared for the "practical test", not just a portion of it. Hard to imagine a CFI taking another CFI's word for it.

I think he meant for "ground portion" he meant the written "knowledge test" not the oral part of the practical.

Back