wild night

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
75 mile gusts during the night. a truck was blown off deception pass bridge, trees down all the island, power out for 12 hours..

It was a bit breezy in Olympia, as well. We had temporary power outages, but nothing long term. I had one gust that hit the house and felt like an earthquake (a small one). Other than some minor items blown over everything was fine today.

Good thing the rain quit last night. We had about 3 inches in the 24 hours leading up to that. Over 10 inches so far this month and we average 7.8 inches for the entire month.

It was a bit breezy in Olympia, as well. We had temporary power outages, but nothing long term. I had one gust that hit the house and felt like an earthquake (a small one). Other than some minor items blown over everything was fine today.

Good thing the rain quit last night. We had about 3 inches in the 24 hours leading up to that. Over 10 inches so far this month and we average 7.8 inches for the entire month.
Lucky the truck stayed on the bridge, over 20 very large fir trees uprooted in the park.

Port Ludlow, where we live, is just inside the "rain shadow." It was a little windy.......but not much.......and little rain.

I heard there were big slides near Sandy Oregon.

Port Ludlow, where we live, is just inside the "rain shadow." It was a little windy.......but not much.......and little rain.
For it is easy, you hide by a big mountain.

Only hit 59MPH here. Little branch came down, at least I park in the garage, if the 70 inches of rain a year wasn't enough of a reason.
moo.33.jpg

A brown moment :)

Attachments

• 138778247_10158868449686624_2638980954922988887_n.jpg
    138778247_10158868449686624_2638980954922988887_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 67
Hopefully we can catch you next trip.

yeah - it made it to CO last night ...

The highest gust this morning occurred on Peak 6 at Breckenridge Ski Area: 116 mph.

peak-6-gusts-table-1142021-1.jpg

70+ mph. Still without power for 2 days. At least 1 person died from being struck by a tree and we have several hundred trees down. State Highway 97 is still closed. Some places remind me of North Carolina after a hurricane - just huge swaths of trees down!

70+ mph. Still without power for 2 days. At least 1 person died from being struck by a tree and we have several hundred trees down. State Highway 97 is still closed. Some places remind me of North Carolina after a hurricane - just huge swaths of trees down!
Stand by for round 2 Saturday.
9 rivers are at flood stage and we are expecting 2"-3" rain in the next 2 days..and the lowest and highest tides are expected to occur this week.

Windy here as well. Jet is right over the Rockies. As said Breckenridge had something like 116 kts on the ridge. Highest i saw on Berthoud Pass was 96 kts. Fun to get into the 200kt Jetstream as a tailwind, not so fun to cross it or head into it. We lost a couple branches, and a trash can (I found that ) .

Gusting to 50 here. Didn’t stop me from taking the dog on a walk. Just another winter day.

Ah, so it never went over the side of the bridge. So the accident appears survivable. Did he?

As it turns out, the driver had his seat belt on, when he tried opened his drivers door all could see was water. He tried to open the left side door and couldn't, so he crawled out the left side door.
The wrecker driver waited 4 hours for the wind to calm down before they could pull the truck back onto its wheels.
hell of a story to tell the G/kids.

Last edited:
Lost our power about 12:30 that night, don't know when we got it back but the generator was off the next morning. Windstorm knocked down a tree on our street, city took care of it by 11 AM the next morning. Auburn (was) public services are fantastic.

Friends of ours east of Renton still haven't got their power back.

Ron Wanttaja

75 mile gusts during the night. a truck was blown off deception pass bridge, trees down all the island, power out for 12 hours..

You dang kids knock it off up there..!! :lol::lol:

Seriously, I hope everyone is safe and dry.

It’s been pretty rough here in Cheyenne and Wyoming in general for the past few days

I'll take all the winter storms, it is worth it for a month for summer.

Summers around here are about as perfect as can be. Just too short.

You dang kids knock it off up there..!! :lol::lol:

Seriously, I hope everyone is safe and dry.

We are. The neighbors two houses down the shore had a serious landslide below their house. Right up to the supports for their deck. And they were supposed to close on the sale of that place this coming Friday. Somehow I don't think that will happen. Twice in two years for them.

Back