The Temperature Finally Won.

I flew the L16 last Saturday for 1.5 and about froze. The cabin heat is about useless the air vents need some foam in them but the worst part is the lower part of the door needs new foam molding so the cold air just blows in.

I'm just waiting for a weekend day when it's not raining, not too windy, and over 40°F.

Reactions: YKA
My Breezy checkout was in January.

It was in California, so that's cheating, I guess...

Because of the cold temperature this morning, I caved and flew the PA28-140.
I had forgotten how decadent it is to fly a plane with working cabin heat.
But that's an awful lot of dials and needles, compared to the Cub. :confused:

Aren't you afraid of getting spoiled by that electric starter?
Just askin' ;)

Along with LORAN, Loadstone compasses, and colored flare guns to signal take off.

Do they still teach ADF for your Private?

Just discovered it was eliminated as a requirement years ago.

Back in the day, I used to have a list of all the Rock and Roll AM stations east of the Mississippi, and where they antennas were located. I would set the ADF for the next station on my course and rock and roll all the way.

I have an ADF in my 91 Tiger and it still works. I would like to get rid of it to recover the useful load, but the cost of removing it along with the antenna is more than I want to pay. Maybe I will have the head removed and leave the antenna in so I don’t have to repair the holes in the honeycomb.

Back in the day, I used to have a list of all the Rock and Roll AM stations east of the Mississippi, and where they antennas were located. I would set the ADF for the next station on my course and rock and roll all the way.
The plane I trained in had an ADF. Flying in SW South Dakoda was fun but the ADF was entertainment way before XM radio and the like. I still miss the ADF, because there are few VOR's in SE AK and a secondary nav aid besides the gps and sectional would be welcome

Back