Any good places to stop for a brat on field in Wisconsin?

Winger67

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Larry
Looking to log some cross country time so looking to make trips 50 nm from 3CK. Some Wisconsin flying for $100 brat sounds like fun. Any suggestions?

Well, not necessarily brats, but can walk to “The Hangar” or “Friar Tucks” in Oshkosh. Great joints.

The cafe in Madison’s FBO has GREAT food.

Have to catch a ride from the FBO to the terminal, but Milwaukee has good brats in there. And cheese curds of course...

And “Lone Pine” airport (I think...) had a WONDERFUL mom and pop diner.

Ok fine, hard to find any bad food in Wisconsin...

Thanks. Will have to fly into KOSH some day. My first time in a GA aircraft was from KDKB to KOSH back in college. I've been to Madison's Pat Obrien's Jet Room and enjoyed it! Get to watch the F-16s. Unfortunately, I'm late to the game and Piccadilly Lilly at Lone Rock permanently closed. Sounded like my kind of place.

In these Covid times, a fair amount is messed up. I was gonna mention Lone Rock, sounds like another Covid casualty.

There are the courtesy cars scattered around. Boscobel, WI is a nice airport, cheaper fuel, last there than had 2 courtesy cars. Mineral Point & Plattville had cars.

If going soon I’d try to stay away from MSN & MKE. Watertown had walking options, not sure how much is open.

Back