“If you have a rivet gun....”

They didn't mention the bondo for the cowling...

With a nearly timed out engine already I'd offer about 1/10th of what they are asking.
Be sure to subtract the price of a rivet gun (unless you already own one-which I guess you might with your RV-10 kit going...).

Always interesting to wonder the insurance backstory that lurks behind these sketchy offerings.

The aircraft sustained damage while tied down as it was hit by a dump truck. The damage includes a strike to one prop blade, cowling punctures and gashes, cowling damage, RH Fuselage damage, RH Wing and surface damage
The dump truck driver must have been very dedicated to his craft to damage the prop, cowling, fuselage, and wing.

The dump truck driver must have been very dedicated to his craft to damage the prop, cowling, fuselage, and wing.
It looks like he drove straight into the plane from about 2 o'clock. Likely in reverse....

its worth the value of the avionics that's about it. after a new engine, prop, and a crap load of sheet metal work there is no way to make any money on it even if they gave it to you.

If it's such a "profitable" project, makes you wonder why the seller doesn't repair it themselves since that is what Beegles Air Services main business is, repairing damaged aircraft.

Always interesting to wonder the insurance backstory that lurks behind these sketchy offerings.
I imagine the owner heard what thought was an absurdly low salvage value from the ins. company and thought he could make a buck.

duct tape nice touch

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Depressing to think, but at that price I can’t afford a unairworthy Saratoga, LOL!

In the words of P.T. Barnum.....
Exactly. My bet since aircraft still reg in FL, aircraft in VA, and BAS in CO, the insurance/legal finally settled and BAS bought the paperwork from the broker/salvage company at a steal. So why not see what happens first...;)

Meh. Just buy the Mooney.

Holy cr@p! How many times did the dump truck driver have to back up and hit it again?

It looks like he drove straight into the plane from about 2 o'clock. Likely in reverse....

Likely while plowing snow if I had to guess. One of the local semi-local flight schools lost an Aztec that way; the plow guy backed straight into the airplane because he couldn't see it.

Does a prop strike with the engine not running require an engine inspection?

At a minimum, AD 2004-10-14 would need compliance.

I wanna know how the flap received damage.

If you look at the "more from this seller", yeah, he's an optimist.

I wanna know how the flap received damage.
Beat me to it. Either he stopped, drove around, and hit it from the back, or something fell off the dump truck and hit the trailing edge. Would love to see the security camera footage of this.

Last edited:
Back