Air-to-Air Cessna 190

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
My friends' Ted and Tiffany in their beautiful Cessna 190. I got to fly in it and what a machine it is!

49119136742_76c350ddcb_b.jpg

49119155027_f876886228_b.jpg

49119150987_70305d7953_b.jpg

49118437018_df72e28195_b.jpg

49119134277_729db5eec2_b.jpg

49118425413_2b4ec4fe8b_b.jpg

49118966841_b443173c22_b.jpg

Very nice!

One of the things I am disappointed about in aviation was not asking for a ride in @Greg Bockelman 's really nice 190 the first time I met him at Gaston's (that was the year of Kimberly and Dave S's King Air.)

My favorite plane. When my kids are all out of the house I'm going to own one. Beautiful photos as always!

That is one of the most beautiful planes i've ever seen, and stunning pictures of it Jack.

And yes if you shot the inside of it to, please post a picture of that as well.

I don’t post on your threads anymore telling you how great your pics are...because they all are, it’s nothing new, it’s expected and normal. But this one I made an exception for. Phenomenal sir.

I always love the throttles on those planes. Beautiful aircraft.

I love that this beauty also has a very useable IFR panel, so it can actually fly on more than just nice weekends. I never realized how capable these planes were.

One of my all time favourite looking airplanes. It doesn't get much better than that, honestly. Had the pleasure of seeing and sitting in one at a local airshow, other than that don't see them around very often.

One of the few aircraft that can taxi sideways.

beautiful !

One of the few aircraft that can taxi sideways.

beautiful !

Anyone around here ever fly one with the crosswind gear? From an engineering perspective it makes sense. Maybe from a flight physics standpoint too.

But I'm not sure I could deal with it.

Mine had crosswind gear. Once you understand what it does and when it might do it it is no big deal. But for the longest time, I was not able to get myself to land in a crab. No matter how hard I tried, my feet just automatically applied the proper inputs to NOT land in a crab.

Short story about 190/195
circa 1957-8 I scrapped 2-195s and a beech stagger wing.
no wanted those old radials, with all the leaks.
I pulled the two Jakes, and the 985 and sold the engine to ag-cropers.

the aircraft ended up in the land fill.

This hurts my heart.

Am I correct that you cannot have xwind gear and wheel pants; it's either-or? The xwind gear is cool, but the pants look SO GOOD

This hurts my heart.

Am I correct that you cannot have xwind gear and wheel pants; it's either-or? The xwind gear is cool, but the pants look SO GOOD
Would you want to pay the storage bill for 63 years. :)

You can run pants and cross wind gear, they came that way.

Not many years after that the Royal Canadian Air Force retired and sold all their P-51 Mustangs. $500 each, and that included a spare engine core. Cavalier bought up a bunch of them at the time.

Those were the days @Tom-D

Back