Cessna 421B down at KFRG

George Mohr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Gmohr
Right after departure I heard NY Tracon talking to aircraft looking for a lost contact. Anyone have details?

That airplane is remarkably intact. Wishing the pilot a speedy and full recovery.

My Dad heard the engine sputtering over Jericho. The other engine was not running while returning towards KFRG.

Sounded like it was handled well

Not a lot of options for emergency landing in that part of the world. Glad the pilot is OK.

I did find this gem in the article: "The plane is registered to a company called 850 Atlantic Collision Inc.,"

For once, stalling the aircraft prematurely worked out well. If the forward momentum hadn't been reduced as a result of the stall, there's no way he would have survived.

Hit alot harder than I imagined before seeing the vid

Wow. That pilot was cool as a cucumber.
Something to learn in that level of calmness.

It looks like he might have been stalled in the video.
For once, stalling the aircraft prematurely worked out well. If the forward momentum hadn't been reduced as a result of the stall, there's no way he would have survived.

Agreed. The angle of impact was not aligned with the runway he was going for. There were high tension power lines in the immediate vicinity along with a landfill that, for all indications, WAS aligned with the runway he as going for.

I am very glad the pilot survived. I am looking forward to hearing the rest of the story of why angle of impact was not aligned with the runway he was going for. And I'm pretty sure there will be some meaningful lessons to be learned from knowing the rest of that story.

Back