Why I stepped away from PoA

Congrats!! Hell of an accomplishment....but why would you redact your contact info??

Congrats! Now you can resume your chase for Geico266. :)

Screenshot 2021-01-09 202821.png

Congrats!! Hell of an accomplishment....but why would you redact your contact info??
General online privacy concerns.

If anyone here wants to make contact by phone or email, you are welcome to send a PM.

Fair warning to the Denver contingent.... I’m also considering John Lamb’s mountain flying course late Spring or early Fall. He said he does this from KAPA.

I would hope to meet up with you all should those shenanigans come to be.

Congrats Mike! :cheerswine:
This is great news. We had noticed your absence, and it's good to know it was for a super positive outcome. :thumbsup:
Great to have you back.

Fair warning to the Denver contingent.... I’m also considering John Lamb’s mountain flying course late Spring or early Fall. He said he does this from KAPA.

I would hope to meet up with you all should those shenanigans come to be.
If John's not available, I have the list of CPA mountain flying instructors....I've flown with a couple of them, all superb.

Congratulations, we need more CFI's who do it for gratification of instructing and not just time builders.

I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with people on POA, or anyone in the flying community anyway (except maybe FAA investigators) There are a lot of weird people out there that harvest personal information for nefarious purposes. And POA is a big target due to it's open nature. Just try searching for anything aviation related and see how often POA pops up on the first few results.

Congrats Mike. If I ever need to contact you, I'm sure I will be able to do that.

Congratulations!

Your goal needs to be to not allow your student to kill you - and they will be trying.

But most of all, have fun and try not to get frustrated - you will learn a LOT from your flight instructing adventures.

Well-earned, Mike!! HAVE FUN!

Airlines: terror at 30,000 feet
Private Pilots: terror at 3,000 feet
CFIs: terror at 3 feet...
All because students forget to use their feet.

I figured out that on short final, if I remind my student to do his “tap dance”, his last seconds of lining up longitudinally is much better than the prior landings.

I'll second that!

It's a pain in the a$$, but do the FIRC every two year even if you take a hiatus for several years. You can always pick up again as long as your CFI is current.
Yea I’ve been out of full time instructing for a few years now. I’ll never let it expire though. That’s one check ride I don’t want to take again.

Yea I’ve been out of full time instructing for a few years now. I’ll never let it expire though. That’s one check ride I don’t want to take again.
Been there, done that. Hiatus from instructing lasted about 8 - 10 years. Keep the CFI current through FIRCs, picked it up again and started turning out pilots right off the bat.

Back