• Rocket Route

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stefan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SerbPilot
Hello fellow pilots!

I am doing some study for my Aviation Academy. The topic is "Commercial software for flight planning and flight tracking" (such as SkyDemon, Foreflight etc.)- this would be some rough translation from Serbian.

1.As I am gathering certain informations and user manuals regarding these programs, I came across these threads where people mostly acknowledge that iOS software is better, yet most of them do not mention why.

Is it because of better optimization, faster process of information, better graphics? How so that iOS has an upper hand when it comes to aviation software overall?
Why is it so that iOS programs have more options (if I understood corectly)? Why are companies working so much to upgrade their iOS programs, and utterly neglect Android programs?

2.Which app would you point out as the best, and why? (regarding Foreflight, WingX, Garmin Pilot etc.)

3.Is there anything that you would like to upgrade/change on these apps, that you find necessary for every pilot and that are missing?

If you know some threads on this forum, or somewhere else on the internet, that are in some way connected to this topic, I would be gratefull if you could send me the links.

CHEERS!!

Both Garmin and WingX also offer Andoid versions of their apps.

Hello fellow pilots!

I am doing some study for my Aviation Academy. The topic is "Commercial software for flight planning and flight tracking" (such as SkyDemon, Foreflight etc.)- this would be some rough translation from Serbian.

1.As I am gathering certain informations and user manuals regarding these programs, I came across these threads where people mostly acknowledge that iOS software is better, yet most of them do not mention why.

Is it because of better optimization, faster process of information, better graphics? How so that iOS has an upper hand when it comes to aviation software overall?
Why is it so that iOS programs have more options (if I understood corectly)? Why are companies working so much to upgrade their iOS programs, and utterly neglect Android programs?

2.Which app would you point out as the best, and why? (regarding Foreflight, WingX, Garmin Pilot etc.)

3.Is there anything that you would like to upgrade/change on these apps, that you find necessary for every pilot and that are missing?

If you know some threads on this forum, or somewhere else on the internet, that are in some way connected to this topic, I would be gratefull if you could send me the links.

CHEERS!!

As explained to me by Garmin, iOS works better because the operating system is designed to run on specifically on apple hardware. So the software development is easier. They said they have a hard time optimizing their app to work on a hundreds of Android flavors and models.

Thank you guys for replying and voting!

Back