Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

11fefa43a63169c6313502caa33e64c9.jpg

Stolen from elsewhere. I laughed.

I see a horse theme. Shirts with horses, cowboys ride horses, knights on horses. You guys need to stop horsing around an play with airplanes.
hoo-boy...

A long time ago I stopped in at the local McDonald's one busy day when I was doing a lot of running around. In front of me were probably 8-10 girls (teens) in riding gear. My first thought was, "Well, they don't smell like horse." Then I really worried, did I "think" that or did I "say" it?

--

Fast forward several years, about 2 years ago, and I was driving and listening to the morning sports radio show. The three morning guys were talking movies, and since it was nearly Halloween, one of the guys asked, "What's your favorite horror movie?" Guy #2 said, without hesitation, "Pretty Woman". And there was about 5-10 seconds of dead air. Then #1 guy said, "Horr-OR movie." Then another few seconds of dead air, and #2 guy finally said, "Ohhh."

This scene is simply known as "the walk".

"The Wild Bunch" is about 52 years old now, and still one of the best ever.

Wild-Bunch-still.jpg

Staged. 15 years ago.
https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/beware-falling-muffins-81710/

"A few weeks ago, the Charlotte, N.C., agency, working with Adams Outdoor, put the billboard up in nearby Mooresville, with all six muffins in place. It then bought a crappy old Kia for $300 and parked it under the ad, complete with a for-sale sign ("$1,000 or best offer") and a phone number. Some 10 days later, at 3 in the morning, people from the agency came by, smashed the Kia (not an easy task, it turned out, as the car proved to be somewhat resistant to wrecking balls dropped from cranes) and bolted one of the six muffins to the car's roof, as though it had fallen from above. Before the "accident," the shop had gotten about 10 calls about the car. Suddenly, the phone was ringing off the hook. "People were yelling, 'You're not gonna believe this, but a giant muffin fell on your car!' " says creative director David Oakley. "It was so freaking funny.""

Back