AP Research Student in need of survey takers

Tyler Arnold

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tyler A.
Hello fellow pilots,
I am Tyler Arnold, a high school junior and flight student in North Carolina. For my AP Capstone Research course, I am looking into the relationship between flight training and the airline pilot shortage. For my research, I will need subjects to take a short survey that goes over their experiences in flight training. For more information or if you would like to participate in this study, please email me at tdarnold@aggies.ncat.edu.

Happy flying!

Hello Tyler, welcome to PoA. Due to Covid, there is - at least temporarily - no longer a pilot shortage. The industry has been hit with large and widespread layoffs. Best of luck with the study!

Hello Tyler, welcome to PoA. Due to Covid, there is - at least temporarily - no longer a pilot shortage. The industry has been hit with large and widespread layoffs. Best of luck with the study!
Covid definitely threw some issues at me for my research, however, while the shortage has gone away for now, an outlook for CAE for 2020-2029 pilot demand found that the demand for airline pilots would return to even more demand than there was prior to the pandemic, meaning that once it became safe to travel, the shortage would become an issue once again. Thanks for your response!

Back