Recent review of the studies on using masks to prevent the transmission of Covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, at least here in the US, they can.

Just as others are free to disagree and provide their reasoning.
Yeah, OK, you are right about freedom of speech, but the poster's comment has nothing to do with the thread about masks and transmission of the virus, other than the poster's desire to keep the restaurants open at the cost of human lives. I get banned all the time for making left-leaning slightly political statements, which according to you, should be allowed, since there is complete freedom of speech here. However, there are also rules for the forum that prevent speech. So which is it? Total freedom of speech, or restricted speech?

I would say that the poster's positing that a person's life is no more valuable than a McDonalds would either be political or violate the rules as much as anything else, considering the fact that we know that a majority of the country views COVID-related closures as a politically motivated decision as much as a public health decision.

Guess I am getting banned again.

People are free to post their views.

You certainly have the right to object to them.

The best information/value is when both are followed up with traceable facts and supporting info.

A civil discourse based on the above provides insight.

Responding with "They can't say that!" doesn't further the discussion

Ultimately, this being a "privately moderated forum", the operators/moderators have the right to end the discussion as they see fit as "Freedom of speech" doesn't really apply.

Locked for MC review.

Edit: Thread will remain locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back