Medical Application Question

New User

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
username
If I previously applied for a medical, and I listed my medical conditions. And then I made a new MedXPress account, reapplied for a medical, but did not disclose said conditions, would the FAA be able to see the previous application?

What do you mean by "applied." If you went to an AME and he opened your MedExpress application, it's in your history and any AME (even a different one) will see it. It will be right there for them to look at.

However, we can't give you advice on how to lie to the FAA. That's a crime (and in addition risks any certificates you have when you will eventually be caught).

Last edited:
I imagine you inputted your name, address and probably even your SSN. Of course that information can be checked and I believe you are the guy who was posting about SSRIs before. The FAA is currently jailing people who work in aviation and lied on their medical. There’s a difference between an argument on whether a doctor made a right diagnosis and you have been taking meds for years, so I imagine the penalty will be very severe.

As others mentioned before, you would NOT be eligible to be a professional pilot.

Tip: Think before you act in anything you do, don’t jump to conclusions/actions.

If I previously applied for a medical, and I listed my medical conditions. And then I made a new MedXPress account, reapplied for a medical, but did not disclose said conditions, would the FAA be able to see the previous application?
Yes.

Note, the FAA does not have the authority to jail anybody (god help us). The United States Attorney prosecuted these guys, mostly in the course of a veteran's benefit fraud investigation. Still, the penalties for intentionally making false statements are severe. The FAA can levy very serious civil penalties and revoke your pilot certificates without you ever having benefit of an independent review (which due to the APA pretty much is slanted against you anyhow). However, the FAA could also refer you for criminal charges.

Interesting how all the initial responses assume the OP wants to lie to the FAA rather than assuming that he inadvertently disclosed information that need not be disclosed. It's easy to see how one could do the latter, even just based on incorrect advice from this forum, like that you have to disclose every medication you've ever taken and every visit for counselling.

I don't know the actual answer to the OP's question, but at least in theory that information is still accessible based on the bottom that the internet is forever. However, the FAA itself says it will be removed after 30 days of not accessed by an AME. So if you just goofed on the form (didn't actually go to an AME and get denied), you could create a new account and new application, or just wait 30 days.

What "medical condition" are you envisioning "doesn't need to be disclosed?"

He didn't answer the question about whether the medexpress ever went "live." If that is true 30 days or 30 years isn't going to fix that. It's in his medical history FOREVER, even if it was erroneously entered. It may have to be explained and dismissed as a concern, but the history is there. Believe me, I've got absolute drivel introduced into my record by an AME which Dr. Bruce says should have had his designation pulled for other improprieties in my certification. While the AME that helped me unravel the mess knows my history and PRNC works fine with him, when I moved, I had to explain it all again to the new AME.

Leave it to a professional to provide a simple, clear answer to the question. :)

I agree ... now for the next four pages of discussion over how accurate the "yes" answer really is!

Come on man! This is POA!

I agree ... now for the next four pages of discussion over how accurate the "yes" answer really is!

Come on man! This is POA!
If the question was accurate, then the answer was, but I see your point.

NewUser said:

New User:

Oh Please. They (FAA) have record back to 1958.

In preparing to lie, please realize that you are about to commit falsification of the record, a class 4 felony. They can see the insurance codes which go back in the databases to 1996. Surely that which you choose not to report, were not paid for with cash. Even if they were, the diagnosis codes are likely in the database.

If you disclosed on a prior application and didn't on a current one, because the question sez, "Have you ever in your life..." you are self convicting (I call it "autoconvicting"). I cannot be associated with this sort of potential falsification. Any AME issuance will be returned with an FAA certified challenge, and no AME can issue this as it will be in the AME "digest" of what was prior checked "yes".

Remember, if you get convicted, (Google "27 pilots indicted" or "4 delta pilots indicted") you won't even be able to drive a school bus, let alone get any job at all. See how that is working out for them. Most employers do criminal background checks.

And yes I have blocked your email.

Last edited:
What "medical condition" are you envisioning "doesn't need to be disclosed?"
You're applying an unwarranted level of precision to a two-sentence, anonymous internet post. It isn't necessary to envision anything to answer the question.

I don't understand why management committee deletes marginally political messages, but leaves posts in this forum outright accusing posters of committing crimes without any basis.

Interesting how all the initial responses assume the OP wants to lie to the FAA rather than assuming that he inadvertently disclosed information that need not be disclosed. It's easy to see how one could do the latter, even just based on incorrect advice from this forum, like that you have to disclose every medication you've ever taken and every visit for counselling.

I don't know the actual answer to the OP's question, but at least in theory that information is still accessible based on the bottom that the internet is forever. However, the FAA itself says it will be removed after 30 days of not accessed by an AME. So if you just goofed on the form (didn't actually go to an AME and get denied), you could create a new account and new application, or just wait 30 days.

Here's the FAQ answer from the FAA:

Q. How long will my application remain in the system?
If your application is not submitted within 30 days of creation, it will be removed from the system. After your application is submitted, your medical examination must occur within 60 days or your application will be deleted. Once the clearance/certification process is complete, your application will be retained indefinitely.

MacFly, not really.

NewUser said:
This sez it all. He obviously got deferred. He's trying to shop out with a new, nondisclosing application. Muy no Bueno. Doesn't matter what the condition is.

I don't understand why management committee deletes marginally political messages, but leaves posts in this forum outright accusing posters of committing crimes without any basis.
Have you tried the "Report" link?

MacFly, not really.

This sez it all. He obviously got deferred. He's trying to shop out with a new, nondisclosing application. Muy no Bueno. Doesn't matter what the condition is.

Some of the other posters have issues connecting the dots haha. But this OP was first on here with his real name asking a question, which was immediately replied with Do NOT submit anything and cancel his appointment with his AME. He submitted another thread with an Annonymous username (he learned a little bit), but now came out with the full story (Oops I submitted it, can I submit it again, under a new alias) under a third name and after talking to you thinking we wouldn’t connect the dots.

Come on kid, slow it down, think and make a plan before you act. You screwed up, stop listening to anyone on a forum and seek paid professional help to cure your mistake.

I imagine you inputted your name, address and probably even your SSN. Of course that information can be checked and I believe you are the guy who was posting about SSRIs before.

How would they be able to tell it's the same person? More than one person in the world has my name. Address can be changed by relocating. And the social security number is optional on the medical application. Also, I'm not the "SSRI guy."

Medical conditions that are disqualifying are that way for a reason. If you want to create another profile and not disclose those conditions, how does that make you safer? It doesn’t.

If you have a condition, roll with it. You need to follow through with whatever condition you have and go through the steps to properly adjudicate it. That is the best way to deal with this in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you went to an AME and he opened your MedExpress application, it's in your history and any AME (even a different one) will see it. It will be right there for them to look at.

Okay and? I can make a new MedXpress account..

Medical conditions that are disqualifying are that way for a reason. If you want to create another profile and not disclose those conditions, how does that make you safer? It doesn’t.

I know what I am capable of, I would not get in an airplane if I did not think it was safe. However, if I disclose certain conditions to the FAA, I might never be given the chance to prove that I can be a safe pilot.

However, if I disclose certain conditions to the FAA, I might never be given the chance to prove that I can be a safe pilot.

Disclosing the truth to the FAA for medical information isn't an option. By what you have done it appears that you may have obliterated any opportunity to prove anything. Unless you have a bunch of money and start telling the truth you'll be stuck with ultralights & gliders ...

I know what I am capable of, I would not get in an airplane if I did not think it was safe. However, if I disclose certain conditions to the FAA, I might never be given the chance to prove that I can be a safe pilot.
It certainly shows you aren't an honest pilot. Sorry, lying to the FAA is a bad idea. Hiding a condition you know is (potentially) disqualifying is criminal.
If an AME has pulled up a previous MedExpress application of yours, it's permanently in your history. Nothing you can do to game the system will change that.

Now that your intent is clear, again we can not instruct you how to violate federal law and get away with it. There's a term for that: conspiracy.

Said by every person with multiple-DUI's :loco:

Okay and? I can make a new MedXpress account..
I think you didn't quite catch the details...

From your initial post, it sounds like you "...previously applied for a medical".

What do you mean by "applied." If you went to an AME and he opened your MedExpress application, it's in your history and any AME (even a different one) will see it. It will be right there for them to look at.

If you handed your MedXpress to an AME and he or she entered the activation number, then it's "live". There are only two outcomes now: issued or denied.

Re-starting a new MedXpress now won't remove your current one from the system.

I would have offered you help but your approach was “how to lie?”
“Can they find it?”
As opposed to: “if I’m honest...here are the details...what is required?”
There is no place on the flight deck for LIARS.

Last edited:
What you don't understand is that you have already proven you can't be a safe pilot.

The intentional lie means the FAA can't trust you with other people's lives. The FAA has a duty to those living under our flight paths (and those who might fly in your plane) to ensure their safety.

An applicant who lies on the medical application must be viewed as someone who will lie about other aspects of being a pilot. It's the way they have to be. They have zero obligation or motivation to give a liar a second chance.

I'm not moralizing here, just stating the perspective.

Flying an airplane has very little to do with being a "safe" pilot. It's the ADM that makes a safe pilot.

Hunter, is that you?:confused:

MedExperss will let you create multiple applications with the same name/SSN/birthdate, as long as you do it from different accounts (i.e., emails have to be different.
It's handy if you totally screw up filling out the form (rather than trying to hide things). I couldn't figure out how to fix the misspelling of my name on the first account I created, so I just started over with another email address.

Honestly didn't expect to see a thread like this.

Here's another thought for the OP.

Gaming the FAA and the medical process is a bad idea. FAA really has no sense of humor on it.

What if your dream comes true and you do get your medical - for now - and then spend 4 years training? If you think the FAA is serious, double or triple that for the airlines. If your goal is to eventually be an airline or commercial pilot, they will investigate your back ground all over again - only more so. I remember my CFI who was headed out to the airlines had to dig up the specifics on a speeding ticket he got 12 years past in another state. EVEN if you don't go to jail, you'll never have a job flying for the airlines.

What is your resume going to be like? Graduated with a flight degree, but got fired / can't get a job because I lied for the past 8 years? You'll not be qualified for other jobs, and if you were would you hire you?

I wish you the best. The best is 1) taking care of your mental health, and 2) looking at all of this with maturity, accepting reality, and making better plans for your future. It isn't the end of the world that you shift career plans.

I would have offered you help but your approach was “how to lie?”
“Can they find it?”
As opposed to: “if I’m honest...here are the details...what is required?”
There is no place on the flight deck for LIARS.

What’s the MDA for this approach?
OP: 1100 feet
What are we at now?
OP: 1055 feet
Execute missed approach
OP: Nevermind the MDA is 900 feet, I know my personal minimums and what I’m capable of, keep going...

What you don't understand is that you have already proven you can't be a safe pilot.

The intentional lie means the FAA can't trust you with other people's lives. The FAA has a duty to those living under our flight paths (and those who might fly in your plane) to ensure their safety.

An applicant who lies on the medical application must be viewed as someone who will lie about other aspects of being a pilot. It's the way they have to be. They have zero obligation or motivation to give a liar a second chance.

I'm not moralizing here, just stating the perspective.

Flying an airplane has very little to do with being a "safe" pilot. It's the ADM that makes a safe pilot.

Exactly the first things PPL teaches is PAVE and IM SAFE. Have to know those acronyms and how they apply to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back