Aviation Goals for 2020

I was planning to hit it hard a finish up the $(&(% IR. Then Covid hit and with my mom checking all the Covid boxes and the club planes being heavily used, I stopped. Lowest year (2.5 hours) since I started my PP in 2004. Sigh. And no end in sight. Looks like I'll need to retake the written AGAIN.
Hopefully you guys can get one of the vaccines soon.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

So your furlough time counts towards your probation time? That is awesome! Well, not the furloughed part.....
No furloughs until March 31, 2022 once POTUS signs the new Covid stimulus. Yea I continue to accrue longevity and seniority. In March I’m off of probation and on year 2 pay and start paying ALPA dues.

I had a great 2020 aviation wise.

I ferried a 150 home to MI from TX for a friend on a handheld radio and FBO couches, it was a hoot of a trip! And the first true long cross country I did where I had to figure it all out... I had flown to ID before but with a group of 7.

I also flew to ID again but totally solo and met friends at 3U2 Johnson creek.

I also got camping twice with the plane in MI.

those two big solotrips really helped me mature as a pilot. I look forward to more adventures in 2021 and am now with a woman whom loves the aviation lifestyle as much as I do.

my goals this year are Maine, Oshkosh and the Cessna 120/140 convention.

Aviation wise 2020 wasn't too awful. Some of the events I hoped to fly to were cancelled, but there was a good word of mouth one at a private airport on Long Island, NY, the "Biplanes and Bands" fly-in at Grimes Airfield in PA, and a couple of trips from CT to our cabin in upstate NY which sure beat driving, especially on Labor Day weekend when I had the pleasure of cruising over the I-95 parking lot. OTOH, I didn't get to do the fly-in backpacking trips I had planned, or the lunch date with my sister at Katama on Martha's Vineyard... but 2021 will surely be better, right?

No goals, but mostly normal this year until the 4th quarter, when life stuff happened and flying time tanked. Oh well, that's why I use CamGuard.

Overall, I can’t complain. Work flying was down, but still made 4 trips to Europe in the Challenger. Personal flying was down too, as events I wanted to go to cancelled. Optimistic for 2021

CFI ✅
CFII ✅
MEI ❌

Almost 200 hrs logged this year.

Well hey, looks like I accomplished every goal that I posted in this thread!

Back