Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Used ta stand up inside da sled and hold on to da reins, and then call
Out their names, like, "On, Donner! On, Blitzen! On, Chewy! On, Tavo!
C'mon, Becto! " And then, the reindeers used ta take off into da sky and
Fly across da sky, man!

It's interesting - apparently, it was originally Dunder in the story. That was later changed to Donder. But then the Germans ;) got a hold of it and changed it to Donner (which means "thunder"), also changing the next reindeer's name to "Blitzen", "Blitz" meaning Lightning. So I presume it really depends on which version of the story you're used to hearing, although certainly when singing the name in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, it's hard to hear the difference between Donder and Donner.

Here's the original Troy Sentinel publication of it. It's "Dunder".
20b94fe322c76d6caf4e64c80c6baa36.jpg

Correct, but the deer's name is "Donder", not Donner.

Well, not exactly (at least this is aviation related).....

In traditional festive legend, Santa Claus's reindeer are said to pull a sleigh through the night sky to help Santa Claus deliver gifts to children on Christmas Eve. The commonly cited names of the nine reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph, although Donner is sometimes called Donder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus's_reindeer

Well, not exactly (at least this is aviation related).....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus's_reindeer

Yeah, I read that too, but really, Wikipedia should never be used as a primary source.... Notice in the first paragraph under "History and origins" it reverses its stance on the names. That's because, of course, wikipedia is just edited by people like you and me and somebody different probably edited the two paragraphs.

Last edited:
Try to edit something in Wiki, change something that is widely known - as a test.
It will be removed in hours or sometimes minutes.
I changed a fact on one page showing what most people would accept as evidence, and it was shortly reversed until I could provide original irrefutable documentation.
So I believe there are some checks and balances.

:yeahthat:

OMG.!!! I showed this to my wife and she is all worried because we know some folks here that have received the vaccination....

So how long should I wait to tell her it is a joke.??

I am reminded of a conversation with a former cow orker - she was explaining how she wouldn't let her kids get fingerprinted at a police "finger print so you have them in case something happens" event because they didn't have the MSDS for the ink - as she was standing outside puffing on yea olde cigarette.

Change that to some kind of spicy sausage, or even hot dogs and I will agree. I have never like bologna.

I'm pretty sure bologna is made up from the same exact admixture that is used in hot dogs.

There is bologna and then there is Kunzler’s Lebanon Sweet Bologna. I would take it on an IV drip, if possible. I used to go home 2-3 times a year to stock up. Fortunately, I have located a local source.
Www.Kunzler.com

Haven’t had that one but there’s definitely some really good (I hate to use the term but...) “craft” bologna out there made with good ingredients. Stuff ain’t cheap.

We had some recently that had heavy garlic added as their differentiator from the rest — was delicious. Hard to get anywhere other than the specialty meat market but it popped up in stock at the regular supermarket which surprised us.

There is bologna and then there is Kunzler’s Lebanon Sweet Bologna. I would take it on an IV drip, if possible. I used to go home 2-3 times a year to stock up. Fortunately, I have located a local source.
Www.Kunzler.com

Ah, lebanon bologna. Good stuff, although I prefer the unsweet version.

Www.Kunzler.com

Love the smokey taste of the Lebanon bologna. Cured, smoked and fermented.

Back