Favorite Online Ground School?

What's your favorite online ground school?

• Total voters

David Wilcox

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Wilcox
If push came to shove, what would YOU choose as your favorite online ground school program (disregarding cost)?

Um.. okay then. Not intending to be annoying (and I've never gotten that complaint in my 38 years of existence). But duly noted.

I officially will never choose or recommend your ground school, just for how annoying you are.

Um.. okay then. Not intending to be annoying (and I've never gotten that complaint in my 38 years of existence). But duly noted.

Do you have an interest in Checkride Prep? You have 6 posts so far and 5 of them are humping this Ground School.

They're my favorite so far, but I'm always interested in what other students use.

They're my favorite so far, but I'm always interested in what other students use.

I used Gold Seal and was extremely happy with the product because it actually teaches the concepts. My instructor liked it because she could see my progress. You can test drive a good portion of it and Russell Still @write-stuff is a member here.

Never heard of Checkride Prep LLC. But I gotta say that may be the first website that I have ever seen that locks their "about" page behind a login screen. Interesting strategy.....

For my instrument written test prep I slugged through the Kings course for initial content and concepts, and am now using gold method’s practice quizzes with their flash cards and hints when needed to get sharp enough to take the test.

I used King for Instrument through CFI and have been happy with their product. I like that it is a lifetime purchase with automatic updates. My son is working on his Private now and using Gold Seal. He is very enthusiastic about their course, and as his CFI I like that I can follow his progress. I’ve browsed through some of their content and it is top notch.

I have a private student right now using King Schools and I'm impressed with it. My son used King for his private instrument and passed the knowledge tests easily. To be honest, I don't really have a favorite. They all seem to work.

Gleim. He makes it easy to pass the test - and that's what this ground school is all about. Gleim's process assures you WILL pass the test. It makes you remember stuff. I am CPA in real life and studied under Gleim's method for CPAs - that's what Gleim was back in a day before he became a professor of accounting in UoF. My own accounting professor studied under Gleim :) Anyways... The aviation stuff work the same way, and I just got my instrument pilot course from Gleim after passing private pilot test with 86% on a first try having 4 hrs only.

You passed the private pilot written exam from a cold start by studying for only four hours?

4 hrs of log time to include discovery flight.

Ah. Got it. How long did you study for the test before you took it ?

couple of months, in the evenings, plus audio going back and forth to work...

I did Gleim for my private. Did well on test. It’s a decent option

Back