Help me convince Mtns2Skies to buy another airplane

Should Mtns2Skies and I buy another airplane?

• Yes!

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • No (but really, just do it)

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
...Hmmmm maybe I should just one up @Mtns2Skies and aim for a 185 or Dehavilland Beaver? He can't say no to a Dehavilland Beaver right? And for those who can't help themselves, no Beaver jokes. This is a serious thread about making someone buy an airplane.

...Ahhh see, I'm more of a high wing girl...

Face it, he really wants a Husky. I should trade him mine for his 180. Then you'd both be happy. :D

Welcome to my household. I was afraid of telling my wife I wanted to shut down Cloud Nine and sell the MU-2. I have the most supportive wife in the world, but that's in a world with airplanes. Fortunately she's just as supportive in a world without airplanes, but that was... questionable...

Well, I'm glad you clarified that. For a minute there I thought this was going to turn into one of those marriage counsellor stories about how "We're staying together for the sake of the airplane". ;)

I'm more of a high wing girl.
Maybe you could get him to go for a Super D or a Citabria. Seems as if I remember him flying those in Colorado. The only reason I remember is that I was considering a Super D for a period of time when I was learning aerobatics. But then life got in the way.

Of course, I might mention to @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf that she could save her pennies and buy whatever airplane she wants. What I say to Mrs. Steingar in similar situations. Surprisingly, I'm still married.

Of course, I might mention to @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf that she could save her pennies and buy whatever airplane she wants. What I say to Mrs. Steingar in similar situations. Surprisingly, I'm still married.
"honey why is there 20,000 missing from our joint checking?" "Oh I'm saving for something":D

One note I'll make is that it's best if vehicles have minimal overlap. I realize that you're talking about "his and hers" planes so that does change things a bit. But if you're talking about something like a 150, 170... those are all too similar to the 180. I suppose the 150 maybe a bit less so, but come on... it's a 150. They're both Cessnas even.

I know @Mtns2Skies has been having a few thoughts about the 180 no longer being what he really wants. So to me, the obvious change to make is that the 180 becomes @Mtns2SkiesBetterHalf 's plane. Then Austin can buy the new plane that he's looking for. Not to say it's a hand-me-down, but Austin's done a great job of getting the 180 in good shape, meaning that it's safe and reliable for his lovely bride, rather than having her get some death trap.

And then Austin can buy a new death trap for himself. Something, more STOL, maybe more aerobatic... open cockpit? Lots of options out there...

Or sell the 180 and buy two planes that are different and non-overlapping.

Wait, wait. Are we sure this isn't just a case where @Mtns2Skies is suffering from multiple personality disorder and one of his other personalities is posting from a second account? He's just struggling with himself over buying another airplane! :)

No moderator of any stature, much less, would ever attempt such a thing.

Back