New meaning to term Dropped Call

I lost a small digital camera out the open door of the Cub this summer. I had the wrist strap on the camera strapped to my gear bag on the front seat. When I spun the Cub to the left, the camera separated from the lanyard (glue failed) and out the door it when. sigh....
On the plus side, I had an excuse to buy a new, better camera. :D

My iPhone (I think it was the 6S, actually, same as in this story) fell off the toilet tank once. It was in a case whose manufacturer published videos of a bunch of their employees skateboarding and throwing their phones on the ground without any damage. The screen was obliterated. My results compared with stories like this is why I don’t buy lottery tickets.

This story isn’t unique, either. It turns out that some people just have a lot better luck with their iPhone drop tests than I do. Here’s FlightChops’ example:

Looking for that, I also found a GoPro that took a dive from 12,500 when the skydiver wearing it knocked it loose while exiting the plane. Watching these makes me want to glue a streamer to my VIRB. That way, if I drop it from the plane, the video will be stabilized.

Wow. I had forgotten about Jeanne Moos and her human interest stories. After watching that, I almost miss them, now that I am in a broadcast news media quarantine.

Okay, maybe not. Juice, squeeze, and all that.

Back